Chapter 13

In the mind of Red were memories replaying before her. Some were even from a longer period of time. However, in this memory, faces were blurred out. Their identities unknown.

Red stood in an old street of London, gazing at the people that entered their homes. Looking up at the sky, she watched as water poured down around her. Thunder sounding around her. Suddenly, fast paced footsteps were heard coming towards her. Gazing towards the sound she saw a woman, who had a blurred face, run as she was carrying a basket. Red was about to ask the woman if she needed any help, but she ran right by her.

"Wait!" called out Red as she ran after her.

Gunfire and thunder were the only sounds the teenager heard as she kept trying to get to the woman. After what felt like hours of chasing, Red stopped in her tracks when she saw the all too familiar funeral parlor. Looking at the woman, she saw her place a basket down, knock on the door and run off down an alleyway. Hearing more footsteps, Red saw men carrying guns head after the woman.

She was about to go after her to help until she heard a creaking sound. Turning to the direction of the noise, she saw her adopted father pick up a child from the basket, grabbed the basket itself and take it inside.

'Was that...me? Who was that woman? ...Why did she leave me with uncle Adrian of all places she could have gone?' Red questioned as her thoughts soon came back into present time.

As of right now, Red sat in a chair with hands folded neatly on her lap as she stared off into a distance with a lifeless expression on her face.

Meanwhile in another room located in a mansion, Ciel glared at his butler. Silence filling the atmosphere.

"Take that back, Sebastian." Ordered Ciel.

"Take what back?" questioned Sebastian.

"That jeer!"

"Young master, you told me you would be taking care of some trifling business. Was that 'business' to dotingly savor your wretched past and wallow in the pleasures of humiliation?" Ciel's eyes narrowed at the butler. "Didn't you say at the frost fair that your body and your ring had already been shattered and reborn? That you were far past being afraid of shattering?"

"That's right. Don't recite my words back to me."

Sebastian's smirk only grew at his master, but it soon went away when the familiar tune began to play.

"Build it up with iron and steel, iron and steel, iron and steel. Build it up with iron and steel, my fair lady." The dolls from before entered the room, heading towards the two males.

"Was Grell defeated?" asked Ciel.

"I see, so he is controlling them with his tone? In that case..." Sebastian stood beside his master and began to sing, "Iron and steel will bend and bow bend and bow, bend and bow."