Chapter 87

The headmaster has disappeared. He and his presence both-, Sebastian thought as he stared at the clothes in his hands. For him to be capable of such a feat means that he is most likely-

The demon then flexed his hand, thinking quietly to himself.

"Perhaps I should revisit the cricket field...?" he thought aloud as he stood up, folding the clothing in his arms. "The headmaster himself may return there after all."

The crowd in the stadium was going wild with cheers for their favorite teams, all wondering who would come out victorious. An unanswered question lingered around with everyone, adding on to their curiosity.

"What are they aiming to do with all the defenders clumped around the batsman? They do realise they've left the front totally open, don't they!?" Random students murmured to one another.

Bloody blue house what're they playing at!?, the green house batsman thought to himself.

"Here I come!" Ciel exclaimed, preparing to throw the ball.

But look at the puny arms on that bowler...his ball won't amount to much. He won't get anywhere against me, a green house regular five years running!

Ciel then pitched the ball.

Hmph. I knew it! A slow ball.

The ball then collided to the ground and bounced at an intense velocity towards the batsman's face. The batsman let out a shout from surprise and deflected the ball away with the bat in his hands, making it bounce over to Clayton, scoring no points for green house.

"Hey, watch where you're bowling!" the batsman chided. "Well...it was a dot ball, so at least we get to have another go."

"I do beg your pardon." Ciel bowed to the older student in apology.

"It's fine."

Ciel then pitched the ball, causing the same affect to occur. The batsman deflected the ball quickly before it could hit his face.

"Again at the face!?" Edward exclaimed.

The ball soared behind the batsman, being caught into the hands of a blue house player.

"Out!" the announcer announced.

"Wha-!?" the batsman exclaimed.

"I do beg your pardon." Ciel bowed in apology again.

"Now just a minute!! I was only avoiding a dangerous ball just now. First off, bowling so carelessly twice in a row is-"

Odd? Something hasn't been right since this brat started bowling. Wait, hang on-...This array of fieldsmen...is odd too. It can't be!? His bowling aims for my head. The ball strikes the bat I instinctively put up, only to be caught by one of the fieldsmen surrounding me. Was this really their strategy from the start!?