Chapter 20

Snow continued to fall by each passing hour. The group of five followed closely behind a certain khansama.

"He went into this building." Said Lau, stating the obvious.

"If memory serves, this is..." Red began but was soon interrupted.

"I see. Now I'm starting to get the picture." Ciel narrowed his eyes.

"What do you mean?" Soma questioned. "Whose house is this?"

"Now, now, your highness, patience, patience." Lau said as he patted the prince's shoulder. "It will be clear once you've gone inside. And then you will be forced to face the truth, whether you like it or not. You...and I both...'kay?"

Silence filled the wintery air as everyone looked at Lau.

"By the 'and I', I take it you haven't a clue either?" the short teenager asked.

"Yes!"

Red walked up behind Lau and slapped the back of his head with the fan she kept on her.

"You complete blundering idiot! Are you always this clueless?!" She shouted.

Ciel turned to the prince as the girl kept hitting the Chinese man.

"This residence belongs to Harold West Jeb, who runs an extensive import business. I had the distinct displeasure of meeting him once. He's an unsavoury sort who loves all kinds of titles." The child explained.

By the time Red was done hitting Lau, he had already caught up with the conversation. "Imports, hmm? We're in the same business then."

"Why would Agni go to an importer's house?" asked Soma.

"He mainly imports spice and tea leaves from India, and runs 'Harold Trading', a general store and the 'Harold West', a Hindustani coffeehouse. Whilst investigating Miss Mina, I happened across Mister West's name in some of the documents I was reviewing. Per those papers, Bengal is indeed the main source of his wares and he has suffered collateral damage from the hanging incidents, but it seems the company representative, Mister West himself, just happened-" Sebastian explained until he was interrupted.

"To be away at the time of the incidents, blah blah blah, and escaped being hung." Red said.

Sebastian narrowed his eyes at her as his lord looked at the wall.

"There's nothing for it...Let's go take a look." Said the tiny teenager.

"As you wish, sir."

The butler in black grabbed both teenagers as he leapt into the air heading over the wall.

"You idi-!" they both shouted before they landed on the ground.