Chapter 30

Three days later...

"What is that great big creature!?" Finny asked in amazement, pointing to a large animal in front of a small crowd, holding up a hat with its trunk.

"That is known as an elephant. A sacred animal. We keep some at my palace too. About ten of them."

"As pets!? That's crazy!" Bard practically shouted.

"Do you really keep those huge things in your house, do you?!" Mey-rin asked.

"Incredible!" Red exclaimed in awe, in front of the elephant. "This is my first time seeing one up close. They're adorable!"

Soma smiled while staring as the girl laughed when the creature's trunk rubbed against the side of her face. He said, "You would really love India, Miss Red. The animals there are incredible."

The girl looked at the prince with wide eyes, a faint blush on her face. A smile soon surfaced.

"Thank you, Soma. But I highly doubt I'll ever go to India, my uncle would have an overdramatic temper tantrum." An imaginary image of Undertaker throwing a temper tantrum like a toddler appeared above the girl's head.

"I see, but you never know!" he grinned cheekily, his gaze then moved to the others where a man was sitting with a flute and a basket. Grabbing the girl's hand, he said while dragging her away, "Let's join the others!"

"Please do not wander off, you lot." Sebastian sighed as he and his master finally caught up with the group.

"What is that, what!?" Mey-rin asked as a snake slithered up from the basket as the flute was being played by the man.

"That's a snake charmer." Soma answered.

"Amazing!" Red's eyes lit up at the sight before her. A certain earl staring at her.

"Hi there, Lord Earl." A voice spoke up behind him, revealing to be Lau with Ran-Mao sitting on his lap. "The show is finally about to begin!"

"Well aren't you bold, womanising in front of your client like that." Ciel muttered in irritation.

"Come, come! Ran-Mao is my little sister! Just my little sister! Though we're not related by blood. She's adorable, isn't she?"

Ran-Mao was currently hugging Red who hugged her back with a smile on her face.

"Good to see you again, too, Ran-Mao. Are you doing well?" Red asked, her bright smile still present.

Ran-Mao nodded in response and laid her head on top of the shorter girl's as she continued to hug her.