Chapter 54

"Dear!" Irene yelled as she practically tackled the younger girl into a hug, crying all over again. "We...We thought you were gone, but you're here! I'm so happy!"

"M-Miss Diaz!" Red exclaimed. "Please don't cry, I'm all right!"

Grimsby pulled Irene away to help calm her down, but he smiled at the young girl before walking away.

"Ah! Miss Red! So wonderful to see you, we nearly thought you were gone for good there!" Lau smiled cluelessly.

"You wouldn't have noticed anyway, you clueless idiot." Red chuckled.

Feeling something placed over her shoulders, she looked to see Ciel had wrapped a blanket around her.

"What's this for?" she whispered to him.

"You're still in your nightgown." He whispered back, causing her to turn a little bit red from embarrassment.

Turning to the others, she bowed as she said, "I apologise for interrupting your conversation."

"It's all right, dear. But you should go and rest, you don't look too well." Irene spoke with worry in her voice.

"I'll escort her to her room." Ciel stated as he walked out, gently pulling Red with him.

It was silent between the two of them as they made their way down the hallways. When arriving at a guest room for Red, Ciel looked around for a new nightgown for her as she went to take a bath. When he found a nightgown that would fit her, he knocked on the bathroom door. Instead of saying a reply, Red poked her head out of the door.

"Yes?"

"Here," he said handing the clothing to her. "It should fit you."

"Thank you." She nodded, taking the clothing and ducking back into the bathroom.

When she was finished getting dressed, she wobbled out, feeling as bad as she looks, and set the folded blanket at the edge of the bed.

"You need to rest." Ciel said as he helped her into the bed and tucked her in before sitting in a chair beside her.

They stayed in silence and held hands, unsure what to say.

"I thought I'd never see you again..." she whispered out.

He looked at her with surprise until he asked, "What happened?"

"It was dark and cold. I met my mother and she explained a lot of things...I was given a choice to either move on with her or to come back here."

"You chose to stay..."

I nodded as I felt his grip on my hand tighten.

"I'm just glad you are all right."

Red smiled as she stared at her friend, who was staring at their entwined hands.

"Ciel?"

"Hm?" he said, still staring at their hands.

"I'm glad it was you."

A bright blush covered his entire face before he tried to hide it as he stared at the red head.

"W-What does that mean!?"

Red grew confused as she asked, "Are you...blushing?"

"No."

"You are! Did I get the ever-stoic, moody, and unfazed Ciel Phantomhive to blush?"

"No...it's...it's the cold."

"The cold, huh? And not that I told you that I'm glad it was you because I cared about you?" she asked smugly.

"N-no...shut up...!"

Red laughed at this to the point where her sides hurt. After a few minutes of laughing, she wiped away a stray tear and looked at her blushing friend with a smile. She then let out a yawn as she got comfortable in the bed.

"The others will need you, I'll be fine. Thank you for your help."

Ciel got up and placed a kiss on her forehead and said, "I'll be back to check on you soon."

She nodded as her eyes started to droop as Ciel left the room. Her eyes then closed, a peaceful dream in her mind.