Chapter 5

End of the nineteenth century, as the social season was coming to a close there occurred a serial murder case that shook Great Britain to its core. The victims were all prostitutes. Every one of them was discovered chopped into pieces, their wombs stolen right out of their bodies. Because of the hideous state in which the victims were found, the killer became known as "Jack the Ripper".

"It's cold." Muttered Red as she rubbed her arms for warmth. She leaned on the wall in the alleyway and waited for any suspicious people to approach the tenement nearby.

"It looks like it might rain as well." A voice ran through the alley as it caught the girl's attention.

"You're certain he'll make an appearance if we keep watch here, right?" Another voice spoke out. She immediately recognized the pair.

"Well, that door is the only entrance and this is the only path that leads to it." Red answered Ciel's question.

"Just what the devil do you think you're doing here?!" He shouted.

"I sensed death was approaching so I came here and waited for anyone suspicious. Any other questions?"

"You're positive the next target will be Mary Kelly, who lives in that tenement?"

"Yes." Both Sebastian and Red answered.

"I think I have told you as much numerous times?" asked Sebastian.

"Quite, in addition to the murdered prostitutes 'lacking internal organs'. There is still another 'commonality'." Answered Ciel. "But, what makes killing them a necessity for him?"

"So soft..."

"Moreover, I..."

"So soft..."

Ciel growled in frustration, he looked to Sebastian and his temper blew out, "LISTEN WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU!!"

"Ah, excuse me. I could not resist. She's so beautiful, and so soft." Said Sebastian as he was petting a cat in his arms.

"We're not keeping it! So put it back!"

Before Sebastian could set the cat down, he noticed it wasn't in his arms anymore but in Red's.

"Such a sweet little thing! You're just an absolute angel! How dare anyone leave you out and alone on these streets to starve to death! Poor thing!" Red was hugging the creature as it was purring to her. She spoke about wanting to take it home but couldn't because of her uncle. Behind her, the boy became even more frustrated until a blood-curdling scream echoed around everyone. Red let go of the cat as it ran away.

"How could someone get past us?!" asked Ciel.