Chapter 55

"Young master!" Bard shouted as he and the other servants barged into the room the guests and their master were in. "We've caught someone dodgy!"

Ciel had a surprised look as he gazed at his servants.

"Hey! Get in here, you!"

The clicking of dress shoes echoed in the room as a tall man with slicked back black hair and an older facial structure to his face walked into the room with ropes tying him up.

"Eh...!?" Grey let out as everyone stared in surprise and confusion at the unknown guest. He then exclaimed, "Wai-so there really was someone else!? Where on earth was he hiding-?"

"You are..." Ciel mumbled.

"So that means he is the killer!?" Woodley accused in question.

"Heh..." Lau let out as he stood up from his seat and began to make his way to the unknown man. "I never for a moment imagined that the thirteenth guest would himself come calling. I too am just a teensy bit taken aback! So...who are you?"

"You're back to that again!?" Ciel shouted in frustration.

"Are you asking for my name?" the man smirked.

"Long time no see...eh, Jeremy?" Ciel spoke in boredom.

"Lord earl, do you know this old man?" Lau questioned.

"Old man...?" Jeremy muttered. (Deal with it, you got the wrinkles to prove it.)

"Uh...yes, I do." Ciel nodded before holding his hand up to gesture to Jeremy. "This is Vicar Jeremy Rathbone. He is a popular advisor at the local church and something of a celebrity."

"Please just call me plain old Jeremy." Jeremy smiled.

"You are...a vicar?" Arthur asked.

"How can you expect me to believe a suspicious fellow like him!?" Woodley shouted. "Only the thirteenth person, who has no alibi to speak of, could've committed the murders...any way you slice it, it's got to be him!!"

"That logic of yours is truly nonsensical, Mister Woodley." Jeremy smirked.

"How do you know my name...!?"

"Oh, it's quite obvious from the rings adorning your fingers. Large diamonds of that size are mined in South Africa. And the unique round brilliant cut of those diamonds is possible only with the latest polisher recently developed by the Woodley Company. I have also heard that Daniel Anderson, a London jeweler, was aggressively promoting them to society ladies as the rarest of gems, still not widely available on the market, you see. Thus, if among the guests at Earl Phantomhive's dinner party, there is one individual wearing such rare rings, he is most likely to be the president of the Woodley Company...you, Mister Woodley. Was I wrong?"