Chapter 50

Red was in deep thought as she stared at Ciel's sleeping face, feeling both frustrated and upset. Not long ago, Sebastian arrived back in the room and had given Ciel a different pillow and teased him about acting like a child. He also asked Arthur to take care of both Ciel and her, this is what started her frustration. She felt upset due to something could have possibly happened to Sebastian. Despite him being a demon, she saw him as a friend.

Hearing a sigh and a shift on the bed, she looked over to see Arthur was finally asleep. Looking back to the earl that was clinging onto her, she sighed softly before sitting up, her waist being held on by him still. Pushing his hair out of his face, she asked herself one question.

"Why did it have to be you?"

She failed to notice a figure stand up behind her on the side of the bed, where Arthur laid, as it came closer to her until she felt hands cover her mouth and eyes.

It was near reaching noon when Arthur was awoken by the sound of the earl's voice.

"Professor. Professor, please wake up."

"MWHA!! Good morning!" Arthur shouted as he sat up.

"Professor. Something isn't right with the manor."

"Eh?"

"Sebastian should've come to wake me a long time ago, but he has not come yet. Not to mention the fact that Red isn't here."

Arthur's eyes grew wide as different scenarios played through his mind until a knock sounded at the door.

"Pardon me, sir." An old saddened voice spoke up before Tanaka walked in and bowed. "Please forgive me for my untoward lateness."

"Tanaka..." Ciel mumbled before a serious look crossed his face. "Where is Sebastian?"

Both Arthur and Ciel were running until they heard voices coming from the room the previous murder took in. Upon arrival, Ciel and Arthur stared in horror at the sight of Sebastian's lifeless body in front of them, a fireplace poker sticking out of his chest.

"Se...bas...tia...n?" was all Ciel let out before he wobbled toward the body.

"N-No, stop!! Young master, you must not enter, not at all!!" Mey-Rin shouted as she grabbed her master and tried to pull him back.

"Let me go!!!"

"No, young master!" Finny shouted as he tried to help Mey-Rin.

"Stay back!!" Ciel shouted as he slapped their hands away. "Don't you dare order your master around!!"

"Young master...!" Finny let out as both he and Mey-Rin began to cry.