Chapter 79

"You look to be doing better than I'd thought!" Soma complimented Ciel as he laid his head in Red's lap. The female was currently braiding different parts of his plum hair, much to the young earl's displeasure. "It was quite a scene, you know! Agni wanted terribly to come with me. But it seems bringing servants along is prohibited in your public schools."

"Well, that's just common sense..." Red chuckled as she finished one small braid and went onto doing another.

"There is a reason I asked you to come." Ciel commented in irritation.

"Right. What is it?" Soma asked. "Let's have it, then."

"You see, I've quarreled with Maurice Cole of red house...your house."

"Hmm?"

"As you already know, I haven't too many friends...So I'm afraid I don't quite know how to smooth things over with him. And so I thought perhaps I could use your help."

At this, Red had finished braiding the young prince's hair. Soma then sat up, his right hand over his chest as his eyes were big and watery, clearly shown that he was moved. Dashing towards the young earl, he took hold of him by the shoulders.

"All right! I understand!" he exclaimed. "I'll gladly give you a hand, my gloomy and self-deprecating fellow! So you've come to recognize your flaws!!"

"Hey." The young teenager said in a warning tone as Red laughed. "I said nothing of the sort."

"First, how about the three of us have a curry dinner together?"

"No, that won't be possible."

"Why not?"

"I seem to have made him so angry he doesn't even want to see me...so I'd like to talk to him again after I've gotten to know him better. I'd appreciate it if you would observe Maurice closely for me and tell me what he's like...especially what he's like at red house, since I can't see that side of him for myself. I want to know it all, even the most trivial facts. And don't tell anybody else about this!"

Ciel then jabbed his finger out at the prince, who in return, jabbed a finger out against his.

"Got it! It'll be our secret! All will be well! Leave it to your best friend!"

"All right." Ciel grumbled as he got motion sickness from the elephant ride. "I'm counting on you..."

Some time later, at the Scarlet Fox house with Soma...

"Hey, you there!" Soma exclaimed to Maurice Cole. "Make nice with Ciel!!"

A moment of silence passed before Maurice responded.