Chapter 12

Night fell as the servants of the Phantomhive manor were finishing their chores. Meanwhile, their master was currently sitting in his study, finishing his paperwork. A knock sounded throughout the room.

"Enter."

The door opened to reveal Sebastian carrying a tray with tea, "Young master, I have brought the tea that you've requested."

Setting the tray down, the butler began to pour the tea into a cup. Silence filled the entire room as both males were busy. All of a sudden, a loud 'SLAM!' echoed throughout the entire mansion, soon followed by footsteps coming near the study at an inhuman speed. Sebastian placed the cup down and got into a fighting stance.

The door to the study flew off its hinges as it was yanked open. Suddenly, Undertaker was holding the young Earl by his collar, shaking him frantically and shouting nonsense.

"Sebas-tian!!" The boy exclaimed through each shake.

Sebastian picked the reaper up by the back of his robe and held him slightly in the air away from his master.

After composing himself, Ciel asked, "What the devil is wrong with you?!"

Undertaker began to speak in a fast manner to where neither of the males could understand him.

"Sir, if you would please calm yourself, we could understand what you are saying." Sebastian said in a calm tone.

After a couple moments of Undertaker panting, he finally spoke, "Red has gone missing."

"She's missing?" questioned the Earl.

"Yes. After our discussion, I heard a thump coming from her room. When I entered, the window was open and she was gone!"

"Was there anywhere she specifically wanted to go?"

Undertaker shook his head no.

"Any trace or sign that she had willingly left?" asked Sebastian.

Undertaker shook his head no again.

"Sebastian, fetch a carriage." Ciel ordered, he then looked at Undertaker, "Return back to your shop in case she returns."

"I appreciate the help, little lord." Undertaker bowed as he left.

As the Earl headed down the stairs, Sebastian waited at the bottom for him with a letter. "Before we depart, please look at this."

Ciel's eyes widened as he saw the queen's seal. Quickly opening the envelope, he began to read the letter aloud. "'The kidnappings Scotland Yard is frantically investigating that only target young girls...The girls' bodies haven't been found, but they're most likely...The criminal sends a Hope piece to each victim in turn. A piece of the diamond is said to bring ill luck to its owner...I never thought the treasure I lost out on would come up again in this connection.'"