Chapter 97

Well my dears, I believe it is time to start out next arc off perfectly with this time of the month...also known as SPOOKY SEASON~!

Somewhere along the edge of a forest, a fox was sprinting for its life as three dogs were chasing after it with two men riding on horses following right behind them. However, the dogs soon stopped before entering the forest, barking loudly without making a motion to continue forward. The two men stopped their horses to gaze at the scene before them.

"Damn, it ran into the forest." One of the men cursed.

"The hunt's more worthwhile when the fox is sly." The other man responded, moving to continue on. "Let's go."

"You can't be serious!! This is the cursed forest, isn't it!?"

"It's an old wives' tale. Surely you don't believe in such things!?"

"O-Of course not!"

As the two men slowly ventured into the forest, not a sound could be heard except the cries of the crows as they flew away from the place. Suddenly, the two heard a loud, scratchy feminine voice, making them jump in fear.

"Begone from this place!!"

As the two men turned to where the voice came from, they also heard the jangle of metal as a disfigured woman in a cloak stepped forth, pointing right at them.

"This forest is protected by werewolves! You shall be cursed if they find you!!" the old crone shouted.

"What's with that hag!?" one of the men cried out. "She's scary."

"Who knows." Responded the other man. "Let's hurry. She must be senile."

"S-Sure."

As the two galloped away from the woman, they could hear her shout echo around them.

"FOOOOOLS!!"

When the two men finally caught up to the dogs, they could see them sniffing around a bush, growling and barking.

"Oh-hoh! Found 'em!" One of the two men exclaimed as they got closer, but grew confused. "Where's the fox?"

The other man gasped then asked, "Why are they snarling...?"

Looking up at the sound of twigs snapping and leaves crunching, the two men watched in horror as a tall beast that resembled a wolf walked on its hind legs towards them, breathing loudly. The two screamed in terror and took off, their dogs trailing behind them.

"Wh-What was that!?" one of the men screamed.