Chapter 96

Special shoutout to @BethAkister, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

After that night, Red and Ciel decided to keep their relationship quiet to the other servants until after Ciel breaks off his engagement to Elizabeth. However, they don't plan to announce their relationship to the public until some time after that event. Which brings us to now, a couple weeks after that night.

As the Phantomhive servants and Red were tidying up the manor, Sebastian could hear the sound of a carriage approaching with the help of his demonic hearing, causing him to look out the window.

"Ah. I see." He said before walking to his master's office and knocking on the door. When given permission to enter, the demonic butler opened the door to his master writing on documents at his desk. "Do forgive my interruption, my lord, but it seems as Lady Elizabeth is going to arrive at the manor in less than five minutes."

"Already!?" Ciel exclaimed, about to shoot out of his chair before his butler interrupted him.

"Not to worry, young master, the manor has been cleaned and ready for Lady Elizabeth's unannounced arrivals."

"It's not that, Sebastian." Ciel sighed, turning his chair to face the window. "I asked her to come over to talk."

The room was silent for a moment as Sebastian tried to process his master's words before responding with, "Eh?"

As Elizabeth's carriage finally arrived at the manor, Elizabeth immediately shot out of the carriage and raced to the door, about to knock, but it had just been opened by Red.

"Hello, Lady Elizabeth." Red smiled, dressed in her maid uniform, surprising the young blonde. "The young master has been expecting your arrival."

Shaking her head, Elizabeth smiled and tackled the red head into a hug, exclaiming, "Red!!! I've missed you!!! We're friends silly, so please still call me Lizzie!"

"Alright, Lizzie." Red chuckled before a newspaper was smacked across the back of her head by Sebastian.

"That's 'Lady' Lizzie, for you, Miss Red." Sebastian said before turning to the young noble. "Lady Elizabeth, if you would be so kind to follow me to the young master's study, he wishes to speak to you immediately."

"All right!" Elizabeth responded, following after Sebastian, waving goodbye to Red.

Once in Ciel's study, Elizabeth sat down in the chair across from Ciel's desk, the young earl facing her.

"Elizabeth-" Ciel started but was cut off.

"I've missed you so much Ciel! I can't believe Red is here working for you, too! How long has she been here?"

"Elizabeth-"

"It'll be even more fun coming to visit now! All three of us can spend time together! And even Edward can start coming over!"

"Elizabeth-!"

"Though it'll probably take him a bit to get used to the idea of coming over and not only having to face you."

"Elizabeth-!!"

"And how many times have I told you to call me 'Lizzie?'"

"Elizabeth!!" Ciel shouted loud enough to be heard from a couple hallways away.

"Y-Yes...?" she asked worriedly, afraid that she had somehow angered him.

Sighing for a moment, Ciel said, "Elizabeth...I want to call off our engagement."

Elizabeth sat quietly for a minute, processing his words before looking up at him again and responding.

"Oh...wh...why? Did I do something wrong?"

"No. Elizabeth, you have done absolutely nothing wrong. It's just...I don't feel anything...romantic...in regards to my feelings towards you. I hope you can understand and not be angry with me."

As Ciel looked down, Elizabeth became silent again before speaking up, "It's Red, isn't it?"

Ciel looked up at her with his wide eye in worry, only to be met with Elizabeth's smile.

"It's all right, Ciel. She makes you happy, doesn't she?"

"She...she made me smile for the first time...and...I love her."

"That's all I could ever want for you, Ciel. I only want for you to be happy and loved. Does she love you in return?"

"...Yes."

"Then that's wonderful! I look forward to both of your happiness together and for what the future brings you."

Ciel sighed in relief and nodded to Elizabeth in gratitude.

An hour later, Elizabeth was heading to leave, hugging both Ciel and Red goodbye before leaving in her carriage.

"I take it that it all went well?" Red asked Ciel.

"It did. She only wants us to be happy." He responded.

"I see the two of you have finally decided to be with each other." Sebastian commented.

The three were silent for a minute, staring at the sunset, before Sebastian spoke up again.

"It's about damn time."