Chapter 59

"What the hell, Sebastian!?" Ciel shouted angrily.

"Young master, if you would allow me to explain my actions, then you shall understand."

"He's right, let him explain." Red nodded, trying to calm Ciel down.

"Thank you, Miss Red."

"Don't thank me, your explanation depends on your life at this moment." She said, giving him a close-eyed smile while twirling one of the silver knives on the table.

"N-Now, as I was saying..."

He explained how Charles Grey had attempted to kill him and that he threw away the pieces of the vial out into the storm. He told of how the real culprit went back down to Siemens's supposed dead body and killed him off. This made Arthur knock over his teacup on accident.

"N-No!! So you're saying you even knew the identity of the culprit!? And despite that, you still chose to throw away yours and Miss Red's life!? Just because your master commanded you to do so...!?"

"Yes and no. He did not order me to attempt to kill Miss Red. I do not lie."

"Bull..." Red muttered as she took a sip of her tea, still twirling the knife.

"After all, my master works his people...no, his butler, so hard, he nigh on deserves a royal warrant for it."

Sebastian continues the story with how he prepared the meal for the next day and his instructions to each of the servants, along with a report to his master of the results from his examination on the fireplace. He went on how he put the report in the pillow he gave to his master the night of when the three of them shared a bed then went back to work and supposedly killed himself. He mildly complained about how his master took the opportunity to slap him with his beringed hand.

"Now, about when I attempted to murder Miss Red. You see, I wasn't intentionally trying to. I released her from the chains after you both had went to sleep and explained to her the situation then proceeded to give her a similar looking vial that contained the same poison Lord Siemens took. Since she agreed, I would have assumed she remember the ordeal. Apparently, the gash on her head was from collapsing and scraping it on the table in the hallway. Naturally, I moved her to the one place the young master would knew to look for her."

"The library." Ciel confirmed before he glared at his butler. "And the reason for this?"

"I knew that her 'death' would release a true reaction from you. Therefore, it would have been better for you to be unaware of it."

"I see..." Red nodded.

Sebastian continued the story of how he caught the white owl and rushed back to the manor but was stopped by his 'silver lining'. Or in this case...

"Kittens!?" Red exclaimed in pure joy, her eyes sparkling.