Chapter 48

The banquet had skimmed through its introductory of its guests and new guests that had arrived. George von Siemens, honorary board member of Bamberger Bank, arrived with Earl Charles Grey, who worked for Queen Victoria as her butler/guard. Karl Woodley, President of Woodley Company who were diamond polishers, showed himself as proud and knowledgeable of other nobles in society. Patrick Phelps, board member of trading division of Blue Star Line which was shipbuilding and shipping, he was a nervous wreck from being around the other members of the banquet especially Lau. Grimsby Keane, who was a stage director, came with Irene Diaz, a beautifully kind and talented opera singer. Arthur Conan Doyle, an occultist writer who was struggling with the writing part of his career but managed to have a few small mystery stories that made the daily newspaper. Now, Red had to introduce herself...

"G-Good evening." She stuttered. "M-My name is Red...Red Crevan. I come in place of-"

"Well then! That should be it for introductions, so what do you say to a toast!?" Earl Grey interrupted with a grin as he guided everyone over to a table with alcoholic beverages as music was played. "Why, English beer isn't bad at all!"

Looking around the room, Red noticed Arthur walk away, causing a frown to surface her face.

"Arth-" she was cut off again as her hand was grabbed by someone behind her. Turning around, she saw Ciel standing with a small blush on his face. She stood there in shock and nervousness as she waited for the younger teenager's next words.

"M...May I have this dance, Miss Red?" he asked hesitantly.

Smiling, she turned to face him fully and said, "I would love to, Earl Phantomhive."

Both teenagers got into position as the music of a waltz began to sound throughout the room. With hands in the right position, they began to dance.

"You've been practicing." Red spoke, breaking the silence between them.

"You noticed?" he rose an eyebrow.

"Considering that Sebastian told me you couldn't dance, yes I noticed."

Silence continued until a blushing Ciel said, "You look beautiful in that dress..."

"Thank you, I promise I won't let it get ruined and I'll pay if any damage comes to it."

"No need to fret so much over it, I would never mind."

"Heh, guess Mey-Rin was right about that." She chuckled.

Both moved in perfect sync, their eyes locked together in focus of the other. Both swayed back and forth around the dancing part of the large room, Ciel occasionally twirling the smiling girl. Both held hands as they moved side to side, moving in one direction. Sebastian stood with his violin, smirking as he taught his master the Viennese waltz well. Soon enough, they attracted the other guests to stare at the pair's dancing. Neither of the two noticed the crowd, both in their own world as they chatted. One with a smile and the other with an amused smirk. When the song was over, Ciel bowed and Red curtsied. They were surprised when the sound of applause from the others in the room. Red excused herself to rest and walked over to where Arthur sat glumly.