Chapter 69

Ciel, Sebastian and Red made their way down the corridor full of first-class cabins. They came to a sudden halt when a figure crossed their path.

"You're-!?" was all Ciel let out as the Viscount of Druitt looked at them. "The Viscount of Druitt...!?"

"You've got to be kidding me..." Red muttered.

"Hm? And who are you?" Viscount asked the young noble. "How do you know who I am?"

Ciel and Sebastian froze, trying to think of an excuse.

"Well, I suppose it is indeed difficult to not know of me, as I'm celebrated in society circles for being the personification of beauty." Viscount rambled on.

"With all due respect, what are you doing in a place like this, Viscount?" Red asked. "The walking dead are ambling through this vessel as we speak."

Viscount smirked, holding up his wineglass as he responded with, "My love, there's something here that I daren't leave on this sinking ship, even if it means exposing myself to mortal danger. To begin with, those corpses amount to nothing more than useless dolls to me-oh dear. I've nattered on for too long...if you'll excuse me."

"The eternal flame in this breast!"

"Cannot be quenched by anyone! We are-"

"Phoenix!!" they all shouted as they struck the ridiculous pose.

"Ah! So you were comrades! Speaking of, I do get the feeling we've met before." Viscount addressed to the noble and his butler.

"That contraption!" Ciel spoke, gesturing to the men holding a machine, not wanting for him to realize he was at his ball during the Jack the Ripper case. "Can it perhaps stop the movements of those corpses?"

"Where did you learn that?" he asked in a serious tone.

"I knew it...then you're-!?"

Viscount only turned and held up his wineglass as he said, "If you wish to know, follow me. I shall allow you to bear witness as well. To the advent of a new Aurora by way of medicine that is."

Viscount and other men walked away from the three. Red walked away from the two, nodding in Sebastian's direction, and walked beside the Viscount, linking her arm with his. Ciel could feel his blood boiling when the man pulled his friend closer to him, knowing he was flirting with her.

"Shall we take it by force, sir?" Sebastian suggested, only to be met with silence. Looking to his master, he noticed the look on his face and sighed and followed after the Viscount with his master in his arms. "She is merely attempting to gain information from him"

"I see...and no, we don't know how to use it. Let's have him activate it for u-"