𓏧 𓏲 𓏲 PAGE 21 𓋒 𓏧

Taehyun's POV

It was a rainy afternoon when i arrived at the school ministry. All the parts of the ministry we're emptied maybe because they're all busy doing lectures in their dorms.

Surprisingly, as i passed down the chamber halls i noticed that the school was very quiet and it looks like that I'm the only person alive.

This is strange, where did they go?

Upon wondering for a few minutes, the school gate open revealing my co-yangbans marching. They're coated with the wetness of the rain and with blood.

I shake in fear as i saw big and bleeding bruises in their backs. I tried to talk to them but they're all mouth shut as they keep marching towards their respective chambers, and once they finally entered in loud cries of suffering was heard.

The Gate closes as the final person enters the school, it's non other than the cruel Head Minister, Minister Byun. He was escorted by several mens holding a palaquin which protect him from the rain.

This is not right, what the heck is he up to!? 

I run against the rain and i block their way before they could. "Get out from that shell of yours " I said bravely, as the rain pours all over my body.

The young minister just chuckled at me and move himself out of his palaquin. " You've finally arrived, Master Kang " He just said and smile

" I have no time for this shits— "

" How dare you to spoke like that to the Head Minister! " A loud smack was thrown from his escorts causing my cheeks to turn red.

" And how dare you to fvcking touch me " I said in boiling anger, but before i could pull out my sword the Minister's statement got my actions cut.

"The palace order denied your petition. The Combat will still be mandatory and that's end of the discussion."

My anger got even more heated as i heard him speak. I feel the urge of frustrations which make me want to kill them all for good.

"We will still not allow you to control the Yangban Class, we're nobles we shouldn't be controlled" I stated sliding back my sword.

"No, you're exempted from the combat class my dear. But, Isn't lovely to see your co-yangbans suffering and you're just helplessly watching because you could do nothing. Oh it sounds too fun! " The minister said cheerfully sticking out his tongue while he laughed so hard.

Pathetic. In anger i agressively move myself forward to bring my hands groping around his neck.

" I won't let you control the Yangban Class. We will not let you use us to be like a pig for slaughtered in the upcoming war. So just drop it and leave "

I let go of his neck harshly which caused him to land on the wet surface, soaked by the rain droplets. The Minister laugh hardly on the ground but still he look firmly in my eyes.

" Watch your words Taehyun, you're speaking against the monarch. Would you want end up like your mother or be in prison like your father? "

As soon as i hear that I didn't think twice but to pull my sword and point it on his neck, my hands tremble in anger and i just want to really kill him but I won't as i promise Beomgyu. I will not avenge, I'll do everything in the right way, with dignity.

" Don't you ever talked about my family or else you could firstly end up the same " I whisper really hard on his ear as i pull the blade back leaving a soft cut to his neck.

I turn around and started to walk, tears are now freely throwing down into my face, gladly the rain is present to cover them.

"Think about it Master Kang, you have two choices, To live or To Die "

I would rather die than to be controlled by anyone.

I shrugged it off and just went into my own chamber to calm myself down.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

" Master Kang?" I suddenly heard a voice close to chamber doors.

I slowly walk to check who is it, and surprisingly it was my co-yangban, a trusted men of Minister Ki.

He quickly enter the chamber as i carefully look around to make sure that no one is sneaking on us.

" I have no time, Master Kang, the late minister, Minister Ki... he went missing for about two days"

"What!—" Taehyun almost yelled loudly but he did control his voice " What do you mean by missing? "

" I don't know exactly why but, In the past few months, Minister Ki had collected and gathered the trust of all the people who despise the monarch."

So that's why Minister Ki was on and off the place back then, he was moving against the monarch.

"These books, are all statements of crimes, woman and child sex slavery, and even the people who suffer from poverty. Each one of them are signed by 12 high ranked palace ministers who also opposed the King's side"

" Are you saying that this would help us to force the King to step down? "

" Yes but still no. The signature was incomplete due to one single person who didn't sign."

" So who didn't sign? Who's that person"

" Minister Ki himself "

I drop the books out of my hands and i feel like I've been suffocated.

" The rules is to have a passing of 13 signatures to make an appeal, and since Minister Ki was the creator of the petition he should sign last.But— "

" He got caught, before he could sign this up. Darn it! "  I cursed crampling the edges of the book.

"Minister Ki risk his whole life for this Master Kang, and he said it will be best if you're the one who'll be continuing what he started."

"I'll finish it no matter what or where it takes me" I said in a furious manner making sure that Minister Ki, my parents and the people's sacrifice will not be in vain.