Chapter 8: Fire vs. Water

I woke up feeling very hot. My eyes opened, and I saw the ceiling above me, but there was something else right beside me. I turned my head to look, and became alert with a start. Natsu was grinning wildly down at my face. I screamed in fear. "Oh, Geez! Natsu, you scared me half to death!" My heart was beating super fast from the sudden outburst, and Eevee immediately went into battle mode.

"Sorry, my bad!" He put a hand up and a ball of fire was visible from it.

My eyes widened. "Natsu! Your hand's on fire!"

"What? Of course it is! That's my magic!" He then extinguished it and put it down. "I just wanted to know when we were going to have our fight." I blinked twice, still struck silly by his flaming hand.

I heard a yawn. "What's with all the yelling?" Lucy was barely waking up and rubbed her eyes. That's when she saw who was standing over her. "What are you doing here?!" she yelled. "Get out of my room!"

"I was just coming to say good morning!" he looked at her with confused eyes.

"Like hell you were! You just came to see when the fight was!"

"No I wasn't!" Lucy growled at him. "Okay, maybe I'm a little excited to beat her, but still! She's a part of the guild too!"

I stared at them as they argued, and I couldn't help but start laughing. Natsu and Lucy looked at me in wonder. "Sorry, sorry!" I calmed myself. "You guys just act so much younger than I thought, that's all."

"What's that supposed to mean?!" Lucy yelled in protest.

"Nothing!" I winked, then turned to Natsu. "And Natsu, we can have our fight later today. Is there a particular place you wanted to go?"

He grinned. "There's a big square in the middle of town. Meet me there at three this afternoon." He then punched his hand with his fist, flames spreading out from them. "And get ready for a major beat down! I'm all fired up!" With that, he leaped out the window above me, laughing his head off.

"Use the front door!!" Lucy screamed while he ignored her. She sighed. "I swear, he's such an idiot!" But she then looked at me with a worried look. "Elena?"

"Hmm?" I was scratching Eevee's ears, and she moaned in delight.

"Are you okay with this?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" I looked into her eyes then.

"You do know that Natsu is one of the strongest wizards of the guild, right? He could burn your Pokémon to a crisp!"

I grinned. "Don't worry about them, Lucy. They can take anything that were to be thrown at them. Even the hottest fire wouldn't be able to burn Glaceon very easily, I assure you. Remember when I talked about the types?"

"Yeah, you said that there were about eighteen in all, right?"

I nodded to her. "Well, they all have their own strengths and weaknesses against each other. For example, a water type has a big advantage over a fire type. As does an electric type has an advantage over a water type. It all correlates to what is weak and what is strong against what in type." I looked down at Eevee again, petting her soft fur. "But even if Glaceon, the ice type, or Leafeon, the grass type were to face off against his fire, which has an advantage, they wouldn't go down as easy as you think. That's what makes them so strong."

Eevee flipped over, brushing her tail against my side and lifting her paws into the air. Her back leg twitched as I scratched a weak spot. "But if it makes you feel better, I can use the advantages over the weaknesses. They need the extra training, anyway."

"Yeah, I would like that." She relaxed her posture, and I grinned at her. That's when she brightened up her face. "Hey! I know what we can do this morning!"