Chapter 35: Law

Yuri stopped and turned his head toward Mavis. Me and the trainers did too. "Mavis? What are you doing here?" Serena asked.

"If Yuri takes that treasure, something terrible will happen!" Her eyes were wide with fear. My chest got a burst of it too.

"What are you talking about? Isn't this what we've been trying to find and take all this time?" Yuri didn't believe her. He just put his hands on his hips in disagreement. "I get it. You just want to take it for yourself so you can bring it right back to your lonely little island. Well that's not gonna happen!" He turned back around and lunged for the jade.

"NO, YURI!!" I screamed. A burst of light made all of us shield our eyes. An explosion threw us backward out of the cathedral and into the street. I grunted, pushing myself back up to see what happened. But I shouldn't have. The silver dragon skeleton was now moving off of the cathedral, and it stepped onto the pavement with loud booms. The other trainers were just as shocked as I was at what they were seeing.

"What happened?!" Serena yelled.

"The Tenrou Jade has taken over Yuri!" Mavis yelled back. "I just learned from the master of Blue Skull that the jade was locked away because of it's terrible power. And now Yuri unleashed it..."

The skeleton roared loudly, having us cover our ears in pain. It started to form a ball of energy at the mouth, making me gasp in fright. "We have to get out of here, now!!"

We all ran away from the dragon, and it unleashed the powerful beam of magic, destroying everything in its path. We hid behind a building, gasping for air at the sudden fright. "What...do we do?" Clemont asked.

Mavis looked around the building. "I have to stop him." Crashes and booms rang out from the dragon crushing the city.

"Him?" I asked. "What do you mean, him?" She looked at me in determination. "Don't tell me..." I widened my eyes in shock. "That thing is Yuri, now?"

"What?!" Serena exclaimed in fear. "But how?"

"The jade. The master warned us about this...but now it's too late." Mavis lowered her head in shame. "I should've known..."

"No." I blinked my eyes back into focus. "This was not your fault, Mavis. Yuri didn't listen." I placed a hand on her shoulder with a smile. "Just tell us what we have to do to help stop him."

She looked into my brown eyes, and smiled herself. "If you guys can distract him, I'll be able to use my magic to free him from the curse. Can you do that for me?"

"Of course we can," Ash answered in confidence. "Anything to save Yuri."

She nodded. "Thank you." She spun around with her black dress flowing. "One more thing. Whatever happens...don't try to stop me."

I let out a breath. "What do you mean?" She didn't answer, just sprinted around the wall towards Yuri the dragon. "Mavis!"

"Why did she say that?" Serena asked.

I lowered my head, thinking. "I'm not sure...but it can't be good. We made a promise to her though, so let's fulfill it." They all nodded.

We ran out to the dragon, and Ash started with Pikachu using Thunderbolt on the dragon. All it did was roar and let out another beam of magic towards us. Our Pokémon all used different moves to try and slow it down, but not even a scratch was being done. Even Eevee's Hyper Beam did nothing to it.

"No way..." Ash said. "It's not doing anything!"

I then noticed something out of the corner of my eye. Mavis was on the back of the dragon, talking to someone. I couldn't see who it was, so I assumed it was Zera again. That's when she leaped up from the dragon, heading towards it's head. She floated in the air right above it. In that split second, I remembered something in Fairy Tail's history books about Mavis.