Chapter 2: Magnolia

My feet carried me into the bushes and trees, and I panted as I moved the leaves and branches out of the way as I ran. Eevee struggled to keep her paws held onto my shirt, but kept her grip. Leaves and grass stuck onto her pelt of fur.

I kept running until I came to a clearing. I stopped, staying hidden from the thing in front of me. I couldn't see it clearly until it stood upright. I gasped, the legendary Pokémon checking its surroundings with its long neck and big tail and legs. I could see the small red eyes under the white and pink skin, and couldn't believe what was in front of me. "Palkia..." I said in awe. It growled and took a step, shaking the earth a bit.

But what was it doing here? This was the Kalos region, and the only place that I've heard Palkia even appeared was the Sinnoh region. As I looked closer, I noticed that Palkia moved its head around like it was looking for something. Eevee cried a small cry in worry. "It's okay, Eevee," I said. "I just want to see what it wants." She shook her head furiously. "Don't worry. I don't think Palkia will hurt me if I'm careful."

I moved the last bush out of the way, and calmly stepped forward to see what the big dragon-water type wanted. It saw the movement, and I gasped in fear as the small red eye stared into mine. But Palkia just stood there, not moving another inch as it just glared at me. I thought it was going to attack me, but as I looked closer, the expression of its face wasn't in anger or anything like that. I relaxed as I realized that it was in curiosity.

I took a couple more steps forward until I was free from the bushes and trees. When I was a few yards away, Palkia turned its body to face mine. The two steps shook the ground, but I just stood there in awe, not knowing what to say or do in this situation. I opened my mouth to say something, but was interrupted from a roar from Palkia. I cringed, the sound hurting my ears. My hands came up to block out the sound, but when I opened my eyes, I saw myself within a pink bubble. My whole body was immovable as it convulsed, and all of a sudden, a fear for Eevee and the others made my chest jump.

I tried to turn my head to look for her, but I couldn't move an inch in the pressure that Palkia was giving in the bubble. I could still see though, and I was lifted into the air. I started to head for the sky where all of the stars started to zoom into that one spot like before. I knew then that we were going somewhere other than this world, because Palkia was in control of the space between dimensions. There was no telling what kind of world I was going to, and whether I would survive or not. Nonetheless, I couldn't do anything about it at the moment.

It didn't take long for me to reach my destination. The sky was visible again, and I fell from the sky to land on a path similar to the one I was on. Thankfully, the bubble slowed down drastically right before it disappeared and I was able to breathe again. I gasped, feeling the ground under me, and let out a wave of coughs. The first thing that I could see was Eevee trying to rub my face, and I grabbed her into my arms to cuddle her. "Eevee..." I panted. "What just happened?" She talked a little to answer, and that's when I remembered the others. I quickly grabbed my bag, and opened it to look for the rest of my team. The pokeballs were there, but how many? One, two, three, four... Good. They were all here.

That's when I realized that Palkia was also nowhere to be found by looking around. "Wha...?" I gasped. "Palkia? Where have you taken us?" I called out, but of course, there was no answer. I decided to stand up, and when I did, the lights of a large town burst into my vision down the hill I was on. "Huh?" I blinked. "I don't recognize that place." I took a step forward, and then noticed a small sign out of the corner of my eye. I walked closer to look at it in the darkness. "Magnolia," it read. "Population: 1,796." (Author's Note: Probably innacurate). I've never heard of Magnolia. I knew now that there was no way we were in the Kalos region. I wouldn't have been surprised if we even had left the world of Pokémon altogether.

"Eevee," I said. "Where are we?"

~~~

I debated on whether to show myself down there. Since we were in a completely different place, there was no telling what was to come of me and the Eeveelutions. What if they were in danger because of what they could do? Surely the magic they possess would be much different in this land, if there was any magic at all. Would they capture me and try to hurt me and my friends, or were the people just as friendly as they would be back home?

All of these questions came into my head, and I struggled to find my courage to face what was ahead. But then, another thing came into view out of the corner of my eye. A big building was sitting in the middle at the back of the town with a big picture of what looked kind of like a pheonix with a spike on its tail pointed forward. It was really pretty, and the name below it made be super curious. "Fairy Tail," I said aloud. For some reason, it wasn't that I was scared anymore, but wanting to show them what my Pokémon could do.

"Eevee," I said. "Let's go see what that building is all about. Maybe they even know how we can get back home." I didn't want to say this because that would mean that I would go back to my old life, but what choice did I have? My family was back home too, even though they never talked to me. What I was really worried about was the atmosphere of this world, and what it would do to the Eeveelutions. "Let's go down there."

Eevee hesitated at first with a worried look on her face, but then she nodded, and leaped onto my shoulder. I took a deep breath, and took a step to start heading down the hill.