Chapter 31: Dialga

The king almost looked like Natsu when he was angry. "What is the meaning of your words?!"

I started to tremble. I knew I made the right choice with this, but it was so hard to explain it... It was time to show them what Arceus was capable of. I looked back up at the king, and kept my look of confidence toward him. "If I show you the power of our Pokémon, will you help us in the fight against the great one?"

The king just clenched his teeth. "This is madness! Guards, take them away!" Another rush of fear went through me as I heard the guards point their spears and start walking toward us. Natsu ignited his hands and let out a grunt in frustration.

"Wait, Father." I heard Hisui as she stepped down the staircase. She came up to us, Eevee and Pikachu looking at her questioningly. She grinned at me and looked down at them. "Are these what you call Pokémon?"

I relaxed in relief. Lucy did the same. "Yes. This is Eevee and Pikachu. They're only two of over a thousand different species."

"Do you have more?"

I nodded. "Me and my friends." I turned back to Ash, Serena, Bonnie and Clemont. "Shall we give them an introduction?"

Ash nodded with a determined look. "Yeah!" He pulled out his Pokéballs.

"Not so fast!" I put up my hands to stop him. "We don't want to overwhelm them. Princess Hisui, who would you like to demonstrate?"

"Uh..." she gave me a look in confusion.

"Why don't you show us the ones with the strongest magic?" I heard the king say. "If this great one is as powerful as you say, then show us that power."

I sweat-dropped. "Well, that's the thing...We would need all of their power to match it."

Hisui nodded. "Then show us all."

"Are you sure?" I asked. "I don't want to scare you with how different they all are."

She smiled. "Don't worry," she answered. "I've seen a lot of things that look different, but that doesn't mean they're scary."

I nodded. "Fair enough." I pulled out every color of my pokéballs, and threw them all upward. "Say hi, everyone!" The balls opened with a loud pop all together. The blue energy sparkled as each Eeveelution cried once as they came into form. I grinned in happiness seeing all my friends again when Sylveon came last. I turned to Hisui and motioned to them. "These are all what are called Pokémon," I explained. "They all have specific powers, just like the wizards do here. I call myself a Pokémon Trainer because that's what I do for them, and so do my friends from the world we come from.

"It's your turn now, Ash." I looked at him, and he grinned at me. He nodded with his determined look, and pulled out his pokéballs next. He threw them up, all of them popping open. Each of them said their cry as they said hi.

"You see, each species of Pokémon is different from another. They can also evolve into more powerful ones as they grow older and stronger. Ash, why don't you talk about Greninja and Charizard?"

"Sure," he nodded, and placed a hand on both of them as they looked at him. "They both were once very small Pokémon. Greninja was a Froakie once, and Charizard was a Charmander a long time ago."

"Here, I'll show you a picture." Serena stepped up, and showed Hisui the two starter Pokémon with her Pokédex. Hisui looked at them in wonder. "They're very small, too. About the same size as Eevee and Pikachu."

"Wow. They get really big. Do all of them evolve?" Hisui asked.

I shook my head with a smile. "Not all of them." I went along explaining everything like I did to the whole guild. Both Hisui and the king listened and watched intently. After it was over, I turned back to them with Sylveon next to me. Her ribbon wrapped around my wrist. "So...after all you've seen, and knowing how much in danger we are..." I got down onto my knees and lowering my head. "Please, I'm begging you to help us."