Chapter 39: The Battle

The battle started.

Natsu lunged for Zeref, and the Pokémon aimed for Arceus behind him. Arceus teleported to dodge, and fought back with a powerful Hyper Beam. With that attack, guild members were already flown around the battlefield.

But we weren't giving up. We trainers let out more orders.

The guild fought back against Arceus as well, throwing different magic spells toward him. Erza even tried to slice him to pieces, but her swords went right through him like air. It seemed Arceus had no trouble at all with keeping himself from getting a scratch.

After a few minutes of fighting both enemies, the purple and black sky shimmered. My heart dropped in fear when I saw other legendaries appearing into Fiore. Their eyes shined red just like Arceus and Zeref.

It was starting to become just like my nightmare.

That won't happen! I screamed at myself.

Natsu was still fighting Zeref, and they seemed to be toe to toe now. They both locked arms with a grunt. "Why are you doing this??" Natsu challenged. "You have a chance to be someone, to have friends and family!!"

"I kill anyone I get close to! I can't have friends or family!" They unlocked, and Natsu dodged a strong and fast kick.

"That's a lame excuse for destroying everything and everyone around you! You're a coward for saying that, because there are people who care about you!" Natsu kept trying to slam fire fists into him.

As I heard them yell at each other, I saw Mavis lower her head in sadness. I blinked in confusion. "Mavis...how did you die?" I asked her as the guild still fought against all of the Pokémon.

She lifted her head again. "That's not important now. All of the legendaries are here. We have to protect everyone with Fairy Sphere." She blinked with serious green eyes.

I let out a shocked breath. "But I can't cast a spell that big! I could barely do the area I did before!"

"Not alone, no. Ash, Serena, Clemont!" They all turned their heads to her. I looked at them too. "You all as a team will start casting the spell together. The rest of the guild will join when the sphere has been casted wide enough."

"What are you talking about, Mavis? They're not even members of the guild!" I heard a yell as a legendary fought against Erza. A roar came after.

She smiled at me. "Then why can they see me?"

"Huh?" I asked.

"Ash, you can see me, can't you?"

"Uh...yeah, I can." He replied blankly.

"Elena..." she closed her eyes with a smile. "Only members of Fairy Tail are able to see my spirit."

With that one phrase, all of the trainers started glowing with light next to me. Eevee and I stared at them in shock as I could see the Fairy Tail emblem appear on different parts of their bodies. Ash's was light red that took its spot on the side of his left arm. Serena's appeared on the front of her right thigh just below her red skirt, and was a dark pink like her hat. Finally, Clemont's was a dark yellow, and was on the back of his right hand. Even Pikachu got his own dark brown emblem on the left side of his yellow body. They all looked at their emblems in surprise after the glow faded from their bodies.

I couldn't believe what just happened until Mavis spoke again. "They've been members all along, Ellie. Ever since they first came to Fiore."

I suddenly felt tears in my eyes, and I couldn't stop them. "Mavis...you..." I lifted my arm to cover my eyes.