Chapter 40: Fairy Wings

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Thank you so much for getting me to 10,000 reads!! I never thought it would be possible for a story like this! Please keep reading, because it is now at the climax of the story. Have a great summer and rest of the year, everyone!

~~

Lucy stepped forward toward Natsu. "Natsu, stop!" He kept swinging and roaring with his demon red eyes and sharpened teeth. He now scared me. A lot. Zeref was now on the ground, completely passed out. But he just kept swinging with fire burning off his fists. "NATSU!!"

Lucy ran up to him, grabbing him from behind and wrapping her arms around his belly. He immediately stopped fighting, but his rage kept going. She just kept holding onto him, trying to keep him from swinging again. "Natsu...come back to me..." I saw a tear drip down her cheek.

All he did was growl, and before I knew it, Lucy was on the ground next to me. "LUCY!!" I screamed. I shut up when Natsu crouched over her, appearing out of thin air. I covered my face with my hands in fright. "Please don't..." I heard another roar from Acnologia.

"Natsu..." Lucy tried to push herself up. Natsu growled at her, lifting his clawed hand. "I know you're in there. You have to fight it!" She turned her head to look at him with sad eyes. "Please...I need you!"

Natsu's expression suddenly went blank. He blinked, and he grabbed his head and shook it. His eyes went back and forth from red to normal. He shook his head again, and the red eyes stayed where they were. He let out another growl, this time opening his claw and getting ready to strike. "No!!" I yelled.

Lucy lifted her head and kissed him.

My face went hot. What?! I was not expecting that!

I could see the other trainers blushing too. I chuckled at their expressions. I shouldn't have been so surprised. They truly were meant for each other. I looked back at them and noticed Natsu losing his demon parts on him. They disappeared, and Natsu's eyes finally went back to normal. He then saw what Lucy was doing when his mind was back.

He grunted, and pushed away from her. "What the heck?!" He wiped off his mouth. "What are you doing, Lucy?!"

All she did was let out a happy sob and rushed up to him. She hugged him with tears falling down her face. "You're back..." she managed. "I thought you left us..."

He let out a breath in confusion. "What? What are you talking about?"

"It's nothing..." Lucy answered. "I'm just so glad you're here..." He smiled then after a moment, and wrapped his arms around her in comfort.

Me and the trainers exchanged smiles. Yes. I knew it for sure now. Lucy and Natsu would be together forever.

"VEEE!!!" We heard a scream then as Serena's Eevee cried out. She had two Mightyena closing in on her, looking ready to eat something.

"Oh no..." Ash said. "Those are the Mightyena we found at Lamia Scale!"

"Then call them off!" I replied to him.

"Eevee, fight back!" Serena tried to say. But Eevee just cowered in fear. "Eevee!!" Serena yelled again. "You can do it! Don't look at their Scary Face!"

The Mightyena growled though, and Ash tried to call their names. All they did was bark at him, and one of them actually lunged for her. He bit her and shook her before throwing her into the dirt.

"NOOO!!" Serena screamed.

"What's happened?" Erza came up to us along with the rest of the guild. The fight finally was subsiding, but Arceus was still trying to get rid of Acnologia. They fought brutally, too.