Chapter 16: Infiltration

"Okay, is everyone ready?" Every Pokémon was paired up with a particular member, and they all nodded. I felt a rush of happiness go through me, because they all looked so well with each other.

Everyone was paired as follows: Natsu with Flareon, Laxus with Jolteon, Juvia with Vaporeon, Mirajane with Espeon, Gajeel with Umbreon, Erza with Leafeon, Gray with Glaceon, and Lucy with Sylveon (naturally).

"Remember, I don't want any of you to attract too much attention. If this guild is strong enough to destroy our guild hall and take down Natsu, then we need to be as careful as possible."

"They didn't take me down, they just caught me off guard!"

"Natsu, this really isn't the time to be arguing with her!" Lucy scolded.

"Natsu, I know you're frustrated that you were beat to a pulp, but now you have to trust me." I ignored his furious face at that comment, and turned to Papa. "Will you take care of everyone while we're gone?"

"Yes," he nodded. "But I want you all to come back safely. Especially you, Elena. You're going to be the one in the most danger. Don't push yourself."

I nodded. "Don't worry. Remember that Eevee is my strongest one, and she will be with me the whole time. I'm more worried about everyone else." I smiled sweetly, trying to convince not only him, but me as well.

Truthfully, I was terrified of what was about to happen. I've never been up against an enemy this big before. If something were to go wrong, my guildmates could be easily hurt. Or worse...

"Elena, have faith in us! We've never lost to anyone before, and it won't start now." Mirajane stepped forward, wearing a red tank top and light blue shorts instead of her usual red dress. I actually liked it, because it fit the situation a lot better. "We'll make sure to bring peace to Fairy Tail again."

That made me feel a tiny bit better, but not much. I just smiled. "Yeah. Let's go."

~~

Finding the guild was easy. Too easy. It was standing out in the open with a path from the forest leading straight to it. That scared me even more, because there was no way a dark guild would have been that open to the world.

"We're here," I said, everyone coming up behind me. "That's the emblem on the note."

"Then let's get to it," Erza replied. "We'll split up and find our ways in. Remember, be as low profile as you can, and take down the guild from all sides. We'll meet up with Elena in the Master's quarters." She turned back to me. "And Elena, be careful. You will be in the most danger, as Master said. Don't do anything rash."

"Of course, Erza." I then crouched down, motioning my Pokémon up to me. They sat in a curve all around me. "Okay guys. This is going to be our biggest mission yet. I'm counting on all of you to do whatever you need to do to stay safe. And be good to our guild mates, okay?" I glanced at all of their emblems as they nodded. "I love you guys. Be safe, and I'll see you soon." We broke the circle, everyone going back to their designated partner.

Lucy stepped forward to give me a hug. "Please be careful." I pushed her away, and she noticed Eevee next to me. She crouched down to stroke her soft head. "I don't know what I'd do without you guys."

"Don't worry! Elena's an S-class mage." I looked up at the grinning fire dragon slayer. "Nothing can take her down!"

I blushed hard, spinning around to face the entrance of the guild. My feet carried me quickly to my destination, Eevee close behind. Every time he said something like that, my heart just beat even faster. What was wrong with me?

My heart slowed down and my face cooled off as I came up to the entrance. Now my feelings changed into fear. Eevee hopped onto my shoulder, and cried softly as she felt it. "I can't do this," I whimpered, feeling tears in my eyes. "What if...something were to happen to you? To everyone?"