Chapter 18: The Kidnapping

My chest exploded in fear as I stood up from the table. "N-Natsu! I..."

"Save it!" he snapped, making me flinch backwards. He stomped up to me, grabbing my wrist. I was too shocked to say anything.
"You're coming with me."

"But-" Natsu yanked my arm, dragging me out the front door. My wrist was getting hotter from his grip by the second, and Eevee followed closely behind me in fear of what he would do to me. I held her back with a hand motion though, because I didn't want her to hurt him or herself. "Where are we going?"

He didn't answer, just tugged me harder. "Ow! That hurts, Natsu!" He let out a frustrated breath. "Let go of me!"

"No!" he growled back.

I creased my eyebrows. This time I tugged on him to have him let go of my wrist. My arms crossed on my chest in anger. "Why are you so pissed off at me all of a sudden?"

"Just come on," he growled again.

"Not until you tell me why!" Eevee hopped up on my shoulder to defend me with angry eyes herself.

"Then tell me why you lied!" He then suddenly asked.

I softened my face. "What are you talking about?"

"I heard every word you said." He finally turned to face me with his dragon eyes and teeth as sharp as glass. His scarf blew in the breeze along with my pony-tailed hair.

I was confused at why at first with him being so far away when I was talking, but then I remembered the extremely heightened senses of the dragon slayer. I put both hands to my head and closed my eyes in stupidness. Of course he heard me! His ears could hear a leaf landing a mile away!

"Damn..." I groaned. Now I've done it. This was exactly what Papa told me not to do. "Natsu, I...I don't know what to say." I felt tears coming into my eyes in what would happen next. "I'm so sorry..." I sobbed. "I just wanted to protect you..."

"We don't need protecting! We can take care of them! They underestimate Fairy Tail! Or rather you do!"

"Shut up!" I screamed in rage. My eyes were now losing the tears, and Natsu widened his eyes in shock. "There you go again, thinking that everything will be fine because of your strength! Well it won't be, Natsu! Because not everything is won, especially when we're so outnumbered!" He tried to speak, but I cut him off. "The reason I didn't tell you was because of that. Because you just barge right in and make it worse. So many people would be hurt..." I lifted my eyes to glare at him. "And that is not what's going to happen to my family!"

I spun around and sprinted back to the guild. "Elena!" Natsu yelled, but I was not going to give in to him. I didn't care if he told the rest of them now; it wouldn't make a difference for how I felt about the whole thing. But I had to tell Papa about what he knows!

I kept running, but as I turned a corner, I had to skid to a stop. A big man with a dark trench coat was standing in the middle of the street with a wide grin on his face. I looked at him in confusion.

It wasn't until he winked and Eevee fell off my shoulder with a thump that I screamed in fear.

"NOOOOO-!!!" My voice was cut off by the dark wizard doing the same thing to me. My consciousness quickly faded.

I landed on the cement with a loud thump.

~~~