Chapter 22: Visitors

Everyone ordered their food, and I sat down next to Serena. The boys were chowing down as I did, and us girls sweat-dropped. "Um..." I started. "Do they always eat like this?"

"Unfortunately," Serena answered. "I feel like I have to babysit them all the time." I stared at them, Ash especially. The way he ate...it looked like him again. He saw me staring at him, and I blushed and looked away. Serena noticed. "Okay, what was that?"

"Huh?" I asked her.

"Do you like him or something?"

"No! Heck, no!" I held up my hands in innocence. "He just reminds me of someone I do like."

"Oh," she relaxed. "That makes sense. Sorry."

I shook my head. "I know how you feel, that's for sure." We smile at each other.

"Uh, what are you talking about?" Ash asked when he swallowed his mouthful of food.

"Oh, nothing," I answered. "Just finish your food."

Serena took a bite of her salad, and swallowed herself. "So...what happened back there?"

I put my hands on my lap, lowering my head. Ash and Clemont stopped chewing to hear me. "You know those marks you saw on Sylveon and Jolteon?" I asked. Serena and Bonnie nodded. "Eevee has one too. Look." I motioned to her, and she moved her body on my shoulder to show her emblem.

"It's a dark silver one." Bonnie said.

"What's it supposed to be?" Clemont asked.

I hesitated. This was going to be a huge risk. But for some reason, I felt like I could trust them just as much as I did with Fairy Tail and my world. "Do you guys promise that what I'm about to tell you, you won't breathe a word of it to anyone?"

They all stared at my intense eyes, and then put down their utensils. Ash put up his right hand. "I swear," he answered.

"Me too," Clemont joined.

"And us," Serena chimed. Bonnie nodded with her right hand up.

"Good. Not a word," I stood up then, feeling my waist now more than ever. I turned to face my new friends, and lifted up the right half of my shirt. They all widened their eyes in surprise.

"You have one, too..." Serena commented.

I nodded. "It's called an emblem," I explained. "Every member of a guild gets one of their own. I joined one in what seemed like a long time ago."

"What's a guild?" Bonnie asked.

I looked around. No, this was way too public. "I can't say anymore here. We need to go someplace private."

"Okay." Serena got up. "Come on, guys!"

"But I'm not done eating yet!" Ash whined.

"Oh, come on! Don't you wanna know about the emblem?" Serena pumped her fists. "Think of it as a new adventure we'll be going on!"

He grunted, but gave in. "Fine. Let's go, Pikachu." Pikachu complied by leaping up onto his shoulder.

Eevee sat on mine as I quickly led them outside and around the corner of the league. I made sure no one followed, and turned back to my friends. "Okay, I think we're safe here. What I'm about to tell you is going to seem completely crazy, but you have to believe me. Got it?" Everyone nodded with serious faces. I took a deep breath. "We got these emblems from another world."

They all widened their eyes in shock. Serena spoke first. "No way! How?"

"Palkia," I answered sharply.