Chapter 33: Celebi

The bakery we were lead to was very small, but I could smell the delicious bread that was still being made despite the poverty they held. I couldn't believe Magnolia was ever like this.

"Would you like some bread?" The woman asked. "It's fresh out if the oven."

I gave her a sad look. She was still willing to offer her food. Even when they were so limited... I smiled. "I'd love some." She set the bread onto the table in front of us, and my mouth watered from the scent. I took a piece, and bit down into the soft slice.

"So..." Mavis started to say. "What can you tell us? About what those things are?"

I lowered the bread, the others doing the same. "Sure. You're still okay with the terms, right?" She nodded, and the others just widened their eyes. I could tell they were not as willing as her, but knew they needed our help. "You were right about us not being from this world. Our Pokémon are proof of that. They are only found where we're from."

Mavis cocked her head and blinked in wonder. Her big, bright eyes were gorgeous to look at. "Pokémon? That's what they're called?"

I nodded. "Yes. It's short for Pocket Monsters, and they have very specific magical qualities. They can use magic themselves, but only certain kinds for each of them. Here, let us show you..." Me and the other trainers went on to explain everything about Pokémon like we did to Fairy Tail, the magic council, and the king and princess of Fiore. They were silent as we did, Mavis getting more curious than ever as we told them. "...And those are the main points of all of it," I finished, Sylveon blinking her blue eyes at Mavis.

"Wow," Yuri replied. "I never thought there would be other worlds out there, let alone one that has magical creatures like that." I ignored his sarcastic tone.

"I have to say, it would be hard to believe that there was," Precht added. "But I can say that I've never seen anything like your little friends. You do also dress differently than what we've ever seen here, as well."

"That's why our deal is so important. It's to keep our home safe. You understand, right?" I looked at all of them with worried eyes. Keeping our home safe wasn't the only reason. It was also to make sure the future Fairy Tail wasn't harmed, either. I didn't want Mavis and the rest to put anything else into the history books.

Mavis smiled and nodded. "Of course. I would have done the same for my island."

"What island is that?" Serena asked.

"It's called Tenrou Island. It's where me and Zera grew up together, just the two of us. We stayed there until Yuri, Precht and Warrod came to our island to take a treasure we value a lot."

"Um...Mavis?" Serena then started to ask. "Who is-" I covered her mouth quickly, and sweat-dropped as I looked back at them in worry.

"I'm sorry, you'll have to excuse us for a minute. We'll be right back. Don't follow us, okay?" I shoved Serena towards the door then, and glared at the boys to follow. They did in fear while Mavis and the others stared after us in confusion. I let out a breath when I knew that they couldn't hear us. "That was close."

"What did I say?" Serena asked with her arms crossed.

"It's what you can't say." I sighed. "Guys, you'll probably think I'm crazy, but I think Zera is an illusion created by Mavis. That's why we can't see her."

"What do you mean, an illusion?" Ash asked.

"I've heard a lot of things about Mavis. It's how I know we're in the past, too. About a hundred years, actually."

They gasped in shock. "A hundred?!" Clemont exclaimed.

I nodded. "Mavis was the first master of Fairy Tail. She passed away shortly after Master Makarov, the Master you know now, was born, but no one knows how. I've heard she was very intelligent, and her strategies were unlike anyone has seen in someone. She even won a war against dark guilds while she was master." I thought hard about this as I explained it. "Which means...Fairy Tail isn't even a guild yet. I'm sure of it. This was sometime before Mavis decided to create it."