Chapter 9: Legendaries

Dinner was given to all of us party style. It was mostly a celebration for me, given how strong my Pokémon were. The guild was in an uproar and in no time at all there were things breaking everywhere. I almost had to cover my ears for how loud it was.

The party was also a chance for me to answer any questions people had about my team. Every Eeveelution was out to socialize, and it turns out that most wizards of the guild were interacting with them like they were best friends. Sylveon was being drooled over by most of the girls, and Flareon was having Natsu test his flames on his fur.

"It doesn't even catch on fire or anything!" He said after putting a fireball up to his thick yellow hairs.

"Well, of course not!" I said. "He is a fire type, after all. He would have a lava pool as a swimming pool!"

"I have to fight him next..." Natsu's eyes beamed.

"You just fought Vaporeon two hours ago!" Lucy scolded.

"I could have taken her! She was way too small for me to grab her!"

"Or...she was way too quick, and her tail was too strong for you to win!" I corrected with a sarcastic tone. Natsu didn't like that.

He growled. "You were lucky today! I'm getting you next time for sure!"

I glared at him with a grin. "I'd like to see you try!"

"Elena!" Lucy hissed at me. "Don't push him!"

"Why not? It's fun!" I smiled at her.

"Okay, I need to teach you the first rule of dragon slayers. Never piss them off!"

"Dragon slayer?" I asked. "That must explain the names of your magic spells. But..." I gave him a look. "Does that mean...that you actually slay them?"

He grinned. "No, it just means that I'm able to! My dad taught me this magic."

"Who's your dad?" I asked.

"His name is Igneel! He's a fire dragon!" He heartily yelled it.

I snorted. "A real dragon? Your dad? That's ridiculous! You don't even look anything like a dragon!"

"That's because he was adopted." Lucy explained. "The dragons are not their real parents. They take them in when they're small and teach them the arts of dragon slaying among other things. Only a few people of Fiore have ever seen them in person, so they're mystical creatures. Wendy and Gajeel are also dragon slayers who were raised by a dragon."

I was baffled by this. Immediately the legendary dragon types came into my head. Just thinking about having either Zekrom or Reshiram or even Kyurem from the Unova region as a parent sent a chill down my spine. Then again, it would have been pretty cool to learn the strongest moves from them if I was able to.

"Grandeena's my mother," Wendy jumped in. "She's the sky dragon. Gajeel's dad is Metalicana, the iron dragon."

"Wow," I said in awe. "I'd love to meet them sometime!" After that, maybe I could talk a little bit more about my legendary Pokémon.

"Well, that's the thing." Wendy lowered her head. "We haven't seen our dragons for more than fourteen years. On July 7th of the year X777, they all disappeared without a trace."

"Seriously? Oh my gosh..." And I thought my family was ignorant towards me. "Do you have any idea where they've gone?"

"If we did, we would have found them by now." Natsu crossed his arms. "But I will find Igneel someday. I've been looking for him ever since he left."

I stared into Natsu's eyes, and felt a sudden sympathy for him, as well as Wendy and Gajeel. I couldn't imagine how much it must have hurt to see them go without a note or anything of the sort. I grinned then, deciding that it was okay for me to do this. I stood up out of my seat.