Chapter 21: The Boy with a Pikachu

The platform started to rise as I stood with my arms crossed and Eevee on my shoulder. Well, back to the old life again. I took a deep breath with my eyes closed, not feeling any adrenaline as usual. Eevee licked her paw and cleaned her silver ear in content.

"Well, let's see how far he gets at least." I told her. She nodded, letting out a small cry in agreement.

When the platform stopped in the arena, I opened my hazel eyes to find a boy about fifteen years old standing across from me. He had black hair and brown eyes, and a red and white hat with blue clothes. A Pikachu stood upright next to him with the same stance. The boy's intense eyes bore through mine, and for some reason, I felt something emitting from him that I never felt with anyone else before.

I widened my eyes in surprise, but then went back into battle mode. "Hello," I said. "Welcome to the Champion's room. Your standing before Elena Throwbell, the champion of the Kalos region for the past four years."

"I know," he answered with a strong, confident voice. "I've been waiting for this battle for a long time." He pumped his fist, a fire burning through him.

I blushed, widening my eyes. No way. He reminded me of...

I shook my head. They were gone now, and I couldn't let their memories get to me. "All right, then. What's your name again?"

"Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town," he answered. "Prepare for the battle of a new champion!"

"We'll see about that." I enlarged one of my pokéballs. "Let's see what you got!" I threw it, and Espeon appeared when she popped out. Her pink two-ended tail swished as she stood like a cat ready to pounce. "Ready to go?"

"You bet!" He threw his red pokéball, and a giant Noivern appeared. "We've spent months training for this. There's no way we're backing out!"

"Your move then, Pretty Boy." I said this because he was pretty cute for his age. Not that I was attracted to him or anything. I already had someone else. Someone that I could never see again.

"Pretty Boy?!" I heard a girl say on the sidelines. I turned my head to look at her, and the blonde, short-haired girl with a black and pink hat glared at me.

The pain surged through me as I first realized that I would never see Natsu again, and didn't notice Espeon get beaten down by a Wing Attack. Immediately my focus was back, and I yelled out a command. "Confusion!" Espeon's eyes and red pearl on her forehead glowed, and Noivern was picked up and thrown across the room in a flash.

"Noivern!" Ash yelled in worry. But just as fast as it was thrown, it flew up about twenty feet in the air. Espeon looked up as well, making sure to keep her eyes on it. "Use Supersonic!" The whole room turned into an annoying screeching sound, and Espeon as well as Eevee were both wobbling in confusion. Ash took that chance. "Wing Attack!"

Espeon shook herself to snap out of it, and leaped to the side to dodge the sharp wing. Noivern flew right into the wall when it missed, and me and Espeon looked behind us to see the large explosion of the wall. Noivern had to stand up in pain this time, and I grinned. "Hypnosis." Espeon glowed again, and Noivern opened its eyes just to close them again.

"Noivern, no!" Ash yelled.

"It looks like Noivern is almost down already," another boy in the stands commented.

"But Ash can't lose yet!" A smaller girl said. Another surge of pain coursed through me. She sounded just like the sky dragon slayer...