Chapter 43: The Champion

Everyone was gaping at what just happened. Fairy Tail couldn't believe that their S-class Pokémon was beaten so easily. I sighed, and Erza spoke as everyone started to cheer for Charizard. "That's incredible...Ellie even said fairy types were strong against dragon types."

"Well, there's more to dragons than you think." Natsu had a grin in his voice. "It sucks that Sylveon went down, but that's what makes Charizard a real dragon type."

"That's the thing, Natsu." Serena said. "Charizard isn't actually a dragon type at all. Only when he Mega-evolves into that form is when he gains that type. Usually he's a fire-flying type."

"Hmm." Erza put in. "So you're saying he would've had a bigger advantage against her if he didn't Mega-evolve Charizard."

"Right," Serena replied. "But..." I could hear her smile, and I grinned too. "That's just how he is. He knows when the battle will go in his favor, even when there are disadvantages. I mean, Ellie wouldn't be battling him if that wasn't true, right? And look at how he's done so far."

"Well said, Serena," Erza told her. "I can tell you've really gotten to know him well."

I looked up, seeing her blush. "Wh-what do you mean by that?" Erza just chuckled, and winked at me. I smiled back, and got back to the battle. Sylveon was safe back in her ball already.

"Well..." I started. "Charizard is...very strong. I do admit that."

Ash grinned. "Thank you. He may just be even stronger than your last choice, too." Charizard growled and lowered his head in front of him at his words. The crowd was taken aback by his confidence. They all knew how strong I was, and I was not about to let them down.

"The battle isn't over yet, Ash. Remember that." I then looked to my right, seeing Eevee sitting next to Pikachu up on the bleachers with Asuka and Bonnie. "Eevee! You're up!" Eevee hopped out of Asuka's lap, and she stared as Eevee leaped down each seat and landed on the ground. Her expression was hard as she stepped up to my side, turning slowly to face Charizard. I felt her spark, which was even stronger than all of the others. "Get ready." She went into her stance, which was more fierce than ever before. Ash saw it, and lost his grin a bit. I noticed, and closed my eyes. I felt Eevee like I never have before. Quick Attack.

Eevee shot like a bullet, her Quick Attack hitting Charizard in five places within seconds. They were so powerful he roared in pain. She skidded to a stop right beneath him. My eyes were still closed, but every movement she did went into my mind. Knock him over. She tackled him again, this time keeping up with it until he was on the ground.

Ash couldn't believe what he was seeing based on his tone of voice. "Get up, Charizard!" Charizard struggled, but finally stood up, Eevee pacing slowly beneath him in readiness for the next move. "Fly!"

Leap onto him, and Bite. She complied just in time, him flapping his spiky black wings and rocketing up. She sunk her teeth into him, and he grunted in pain.

"Hurry, shake her off!" He flew left and right in the air, flapping his wings and flailing. But Eevee just would not let go. Ash grunted in frustration, knowing what Eevee and I were doing. It wasn't long until Charizard was starting to slow down from the Bite and flying so much. He finally landed, Eevee doing the same.

Double-Edge. Eevee tackled Charizard again, this time toppling him over. He spread onto the dirt with a thud. Now... I opened my eyes. HYPER BEAM! Eevee's mouth started to glow, and Ash widened his eyes when he saw what move she was using.

"What?!" He exclaimed. "How does she know that move??"

Fire! The Hyper Beam let loose, completely burning Charizard. Ash grunted and covered his eyes from the bright light, and it faded after a few seconds. Eevee stood there with her fur moving with the breeze. Charizard just lay there unconscious.