Chapter 34: The Black Wizard

"Celebi..." I gently touched the small green Pokémon to wake him up. He let out a small moan, then blinked his eyes open. When he saw how many humans were staring at him, he flew up into the air in fear. I stayed where I was, but raised my hands in surrender. "It's okay, Celebi! We're not going to hurt you." Celebi still stayed where he was, but relaxed his eyes a little bit. "That's it..."

I held my hand out with a smile. Everyone was silent as they watched. Celebi looked at each of us, seeing how we weren't moving or attacking. He then lowered himself to face me. He cried softly in wonder. "Bi?"

I smiled sweeter. "Don't worry, we're friends."

He blinked, and looked at my hand. He floated closer, and touched it. I wrapped my fingers around his tiny hand, and lifted my other one to stroke his face. He smiled. "Cebi!"

Serena giggled. "He's so cute!"

"I know!" Mavis added. "Can I say hi, too?"

"Sure," I answered. "Just come up slowly. And be gentle, okay?"

"I will." Mavis walked up next to me with her bare feet. She stared at Celebi, her eyes shimmering. "Hi, Celebi. I'm Mavis." She held out her hand. "I'm a friend, too." Celebi nodded, and shook her hand in happiness. He then flew in circles.

"Thank goodness..." I let out a breath. "This Celebi is friendly. Which may mean...Celebi." Celebi looked at me then in wonder. "Are you willing to help us?" He tilted his head in confusion. "Mavis and her friends need help finding something. Can we ask you to come with us, too? We can get you back home in return." I pulled out one of the Pokéballs I kept. Celebi blinked while everyone else watched. "Don't worry. It's only temporary until you're back where you belong. I promise." I kept smiling, and Eevee hopped onto my shoulder in response. She cried in happiness.

Celebi blinked again, but then floated down to me. We stared at each other for a moment. He then smiled, and touched the ball. It opened, turning Celebi into a red energy, and sucking him in. The ball flashed a few times, then beeped in success.

"Wow..." Ash said. "That was very easy."

"What just happened, though?" Yuri asked. "It looked like it disappeared into that red ball."

"You're partly right, Yuri." I turned to him. "That ball is what keeps Celebi with me. When we need his help, I can let him know and he will come out to."

"Like what we saw with the other ones before, right?" Mavis asked then.

I nodded. "Right. Only this time I'm really glad we have Celebi to help. It means we have someone with rare powers on our side, now." I made sure not to make the other Pokémon feel jealous. That would have made it bad for us all. "So, Mavis..." I turned to face her. "What is it you need us to do?"

She became serious. "Well, in order for us to get back at the dark guild that took Magnolia, we need to learn strong magic. All I can do right now is create illusions."

"How do you know where you can learn it?" Serena asked then.

"We need to look for a man named Zeref. I know that he can help." She pumped her fist in determination.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Ash pumped his fist too. "Let's go find him!"

"Yeah!" Mavis answered.

We all wandered through the forest to find this Zeref, and ended up setting up camp again before we could. The fire roared as we all sat by it. Mavis then stood up. "I'm going to look for something for us to eat. You all can stay here while I do."

"Don't go alone," Precht scolded. "It's dangerous in this forest."

Mavis hesitated then. "Okay, Zera." I blinked, realizing Zera was talking to her again. I had to get used to that. And yet we couldn't say anything...