Chapter 37: Fairy Sphere

Everyone in the guild gasped as I did. "Master Mavis?!" Erza yelled over to her.

"Yes, it's me." She lifted her legs back and forth in content.

"How are you even here, Mavis?!" I couldn't believe what I was seeing. "You passed away a long time ago!"

"I'm here in spirit," she answered. "I can feel that something is about to happen to Fiore, so I came to help."

"Well then..." Everyone stared at Ash as he stepped forward. "It's good to see you again, Mavis."

I flustered at him. "Ash! The guild shouldn't know!"

"They can." Mavis stood up. "Because you know that they will find out sooner or later, right?"

"Ellie, what is she talking about?" Lucy asked.

I lowered my head in shame. "Fine. I guess we have no choice, then." I glared at Ash, and he gave me an apologetic look. "When we went back to the past...we met Mavis herself."

Everyone gasped in shock. "You mean...when she was alive?!" Levy exclaimed.

I nodded. "Before Fairy Tail was even born. She helped us find Celebi, and we helped with finding something for her."

"That's incredible..." Erza said in awe.

"I am grateful for what you did for us though, Ellie. It's amazing what Pokémon can do, isn't it?" She smirked at me.

I looked away from her. "Mavis...you know why I couldn't tell you we were from the future."

"I get it," she replied. "But I caught on when I saw your emblem."

I let out a breath in shock. "You what?!"

"Oh, come on!" I hated how she was teasing me now. "I knew that you were when I first saw it, because there were no guilds at that time that had that emblem, and it even looked a bit like a fairy. It's actually how I thought of the design as well, so I should thank you." She smiled sweetly, like I did nothing wrong.

"And you didn't even think to tell us?!" I was now glaring at her. "Do you know what we could have done to the past?"

"Elena!" Papa snapped at me, and I grimaced at his voice. "Do not talk to our first master that way."

"It's all right, Master Makarov. I understand why she's upset." She now looked away herself. "I should apologize to all of you. You shouldn't have gone through seeing all of that."

"No, Mavis." Serena then stepped up. "Fairy Tail wouldn't be what it is now if anything changed. So don't feel sorry for it."

Mavis blinked at her words. "Serena..."

"I second that." Ash said, stepping up. "This awesome place would never have been here."

Natsu chuckled. "Don't worry, First Master. The bad stuff always leads to the good stuff."

"Yep, that's right." Lucy looked at me with a smile. "That's why smiles are always here."

It took me a moment, but then I started smiling when everyone in the guild was. Lucy, Natsu, Gray, Erza, Wendy, Happy, Carla, Mira, Levy, Lisanna, and everyone else that were all friends to me. I felt the warmth of being in Fairy Tail come back again. "Okay, guys. I give in."

Lucy giggled. "Good. It's so good to have you back."

"Clemont!" I heard Bonnie's voice as she sprinted up to her brother with Dedenne hopping behind her.

"Hey, Bonnie. Were you good while we were gone?"

"Well it has only been ten minutes, so I didn't need to be!" She bent over with her hands interlaced behind her. "You guys should have come back later than that!"