Chapter 24: Magnolia Again

My feet carried me down the path, with everyone else following behind. "Okay. Here's the spot." I turned back to Ash. "Is everyone ready to go?"

They all nodded. "Ready when you are, Ellie." Lucy said.

"Okay," I turned around to look at the blue sky. "I'm going to try and summon it through my mind. I'm sure it will hear me."

"Are you sure this will work?" Serena asked. "I heard Palkia's nearly impossible to find."

"But I also have met it before," Ash explained. "I could help myself, and maybe it will recognize my voice." He stepped up next to me.

I smiled at him. "Thank you, Ash."

He gave me a weird look as he lost his smile, and then looked down to have his hat hide his eyes. "No-" He cleared his throat. "No problem."

I looked at him in confusion, but regained my focus when he looked up at the sky. We both closed our eyes, and I felt the dimensional rift shimmering not that far away.

Palkia. Please help us. You know why we're calling.

The ground shook.

YES.

I gasped. It was actually responding to me...and by the sound of the voice in my head, it was female. I focused harder.

What's going on? Why are there Pokémon in Fiore?

I DO NOT KNOW.

I opened my eyes in shock. Not even Palkia knew?

You have no leads whatsoever?

NO LEADS, BUT A HUNCH. ARCEUS.

My chest exploded with fear. Ash felt it too.

What's wrong with Arceus? I heard him ask.

I MAY BE MISTAKEN, BUT IT MAY BE AWAKENING. THAT IS WHY THINGS ARE OUT OF BALANCE.

I couldn't contain my fear. If Arceus wakes up...

How do we keep it from waking up?

YOU CANNOT.

Of course not! Why did I think we could? It was Arceus for crying out loud!

Then at least take us to Fiore. We'll make sure every Pokémon is safe in our hands until all of this is figured out.

The ground shook again. The feeling in my head warped, and me and Ash had to grab our heads due to the power being so close.

"What's happening?!" Serena cried.

"It's coming," Lucy said seriously. Natsu grunted in agreement.

The sky exploded with pink light as I opened my eyes. The lights disappeared when the giant legendary Pokémon dropped from the sky. Me and Ash stepped back when Palkia landed with a boom in front of us. Pikachu looked up and let out an amazed cry. Palkia let out a roar.

"Palkia..." Clemont breathed.

I stepped forward. "Will you open the portal?"

She growled, and then stepped to the side a little bit. Her pearls glowed, and the circular portal appeared.

BE CAREFUL. FIORE IS NOT THE SAME FROM SIX MONTHS BEFORE.

I nodded. I knew this wasn't going to be easy, but if it was to restore balance to the universe, then I was going to do anything for that. "Natsu, Lucy. Lead the way." I pointed my arm towards the portal, and they stepped towards the spiraling purple circle. They stopped, and an image of Magnolia appeared within.