Kali X Male Friend Reader

(Y/N)-Your Name

(L/N)-Last Name

(E/C)-Eye Color

(H/C)-Hair Color

(N/N)-Nick name

(F/W)-Favorite weapon

(G/N)-Gadget Name

***** 

Ever since (Y/N) was a young boy he remembered hearing about his fathers adventures about serving in foreign countries. The first story he was told was when his father was pinned down by enemy soldiers and had to rescue one of his squad mates who was injured. (Y/N) often thought about it as superhero movie who would save the world and look cool doing it. But as time went on he realized the story had a darker meaning... His father told him about a certain event that he often left out when he younger. 

(Y/N) remembers it word by word and sentence by sentence. The things he was told were truly terrifying. He clearly remembers hearing his dad say a sentence that made him think about joining the army in the future. 'Hero's always die quickly'. (Y/N) thought that maybe he could be a hero but be very cautious and hopefully return home in one piece. Once he turned 18 he gave it good thought and enlisted into the U.S Army infantry and within 13 weeks later he completed his training. The Middle East was something very different from home... No love, no happiness, no peace, only war and blood. 

(Y/N): "I don't get it."

Soldier 1: "Get what?"

(Y/N): "This. Everything we're doing here in this country."

Soldier 2: "Sometimes we aren't told everything. Especially with what our job is here. At times we are told to do this mission and obey orders."

Soldier 1: "Honestly sounds better to listen to that then to hear our drill sergeant yell at us for an hour straight."

(Y/N): "Hehe. Yeah man that's true."

(Y/N) stepped down from the machine gun turret in the Humvee and sat down in the nearest seat. The humvee felt as if it was a million degrees and would melt like ice cream in the blistering hot sun. 

(Y/N): "Why is the AC off?"

Soldier 3: "Sorry (Y/N) it broke recently." 

(Y/N): "That's great."

Soldier 4: "Deal with it man, this isn't the first time I've had to endure this."

Soldier 2: "Alright we've done our observations and everything else we were told by higher command. So lets head back to camp."

(Y/N): "Nice, step on it driver!"

Soldier 3: "I have a name (Y/N)."

(Y/N): "Sorry Aaron." 

As the squad was driving back to camp A32 a sudden loud explosion blew off in front of them and soon after the same sound was closer. 

(Y/N): "What's going on?"

Aaron: "I don't know but explosions are going off in fro-..."

Aaron was cut off as the humvee drove over a landmine and with the force of the explosion it lifted the car up and flipped over. 

*****

(Y/N) could hear voices screaming at him but he couldn't make sense of who they were. His vision was blurry, his ears were ringing. It was a pain that he had never felt before. 

Solider 2: "(Y/N) get up now! We have to go!"

(Y/N) was pulled to his feet and given his M4A1 by his squad mate. He could see the humvee on fire and destroyed with Aaron's body slumped over the window. Only 3 of the 5 that were in the humvee were alive, sadly the other was consumed by the fire.