The masquerade PT2

3rd person POV

"Phil?" Another voice said to which we both turned around. It was Techno.

"Hey mate" Philza said, standing up straight.

"It was nice talking with you anyways Philza and thank you" I said, standing up straight and looking at him.

"No prob mate. Have fun you guys" Philza said, leaving me and Techno alone on the balcony.

"So how was that?" Techno asks walking next to me and leaning backwards on the railing.

"I needed it to be honest... and I'm glad we aren't the only Betas... ya know?" I said, looking at him as he looks at me and smiles a bit.

"Yeah... it is" he said.
-
A few minutes of silence go by, with me and Techno taking in the muffled music and people laughing in the ballroom. Until Techno suddenly speaks.

-
"I know you aren't my mate George." He says suddenly which makes me snap my head and look at him as he looks into the ballroom.

"And... that's ok. I prefer being best freinds with you..." he said, looking at me and smiling a bit. I nod.

"Same here. I'm glad we are best friends" I said, he nods and looks back at the ballroom. He gets off the railing and stretches a bit and looks at me.

"Wanna dance? As freinds? As it is the last dance before 1 am" he says.

'CRAP! ITS NEARLY 1?! OH NO' I thought, mentally not preparing myself.

"Does everyone have to though?..." I ask quietly.

"Yeah its mandatory... if you dont... you might get fired" he says. My heart drops...

"O..oh" is all I could say from the information I was told.

"But.. that dance still wanna do it?" Techno asks, to try and lift the mood. I smile a bit and nod.

"Sure" I whisper out as we both walk back into the ballroom.
-

In the ballroom many people were dancing in the middle of the room whereas some others are watching from outside either taking a drink or chatting with eachother. The song just playing ends and the orchestra get prepared for the last song. Techno lifts my hand gently and walks me to the centre of the ballroom.

(Would recommend watching before carrying on reading)

Me and Techno dance in a little circle, looking into eachothers eyes, smiling. Techno then turned me 360 and went back to dancing. I giggled at this and he continued to do it randomly. Suddenly, everyone changed the dance partners while still dancing and someone grabbed my hand which made me collide in their chest. I look up to see Dream blushing and smiling as we danced in a circle.
-

"Hey George" He said looking down at me.

"Hey! Wheres your dance partner?" I ask which made him chuckle.

"We have to change partners in the dance George, every 5 minutes." He says as he twirls me around and continues to dance.

"Ya know... you look pretty in a suit and mask" he says smiling to which I blushed hard and looked to the side.

"T..thanks. you also look nice" I say as he holds my chin gently and lifts my head so I look at him.
-

We slowly slower down our dancing to the point we were just stepping side to side then coming to a complete stop in the dance. We both stare at eachothers features and eyes. My heart starts to beat harder and faster in my chest as Dream suddenly lifts his hand that was on my chin to my right cheek. I blush at this moment and before I knew it, we were both leaning closer together. My head tilted a bit to the right as he tilted his a bit to the other side. Our lips were about to kiss when we were interrupted by someone hitting a wine glass with a metal spoon to get everyone's attention. Me and Dream appart from eachother and stand side by side to see Philza on the steps.

-
"Good morning everyone, it is now 1am. If everyone can please turn into your wolfs. Thank you" philza said as he took off his mask and went into his wolf form. Everyone soon followed and turned into their wolfs. 1 by 1 everyone was a wolf... except me.

"George? What are you doing?" I heard Dreams wolf whisper yell at me as I took off my mask and looked down, looking at the mask in my hands. Damn. A big Y/N moment right now. #main character vibes 😌

"George? If you can please turn to your wolf that will be lovely." Philzas wolf said as the other wolfs turned to face me. I gulped and the oceans became more ruthless on my chest. Everyone was looking at me, judging me and whispering about me. I began to panic and felt tears form.

"George!" Philzas wolf shouted at me which made the other wolfs bow their heads at him. I look at him shocked and confused. The tears fell from my cheeks as I looked at Philzas wolfs eyes.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper as I drop my mask and walk out the emergency exit door at the back.
-

I began to cry my way back to the apartment. I was embarrassed, scaird, confused and angry at my self. Out of everyone in the world. Why me?! Why can't I be normal like everyone else?! Why? Why?! WHY?!?!
10 minutes of speed walking layer and I made it back ag the apartment. I opened the door and switched on the light and shut the door behind me. I sigh and wipe my tears and see a note on the kitchen table. I put my keys in the tray by the door and walked towards the note and picked it up to read.
-

George

I'm at Karl's atm, will be back in the morning! I made sandwiches which are in the fridge and got a microwave meal in there too.

-sapnap

-
I smile a bit from the note and placed it back down. I went into my room and changed into a blue onzie with lpdark blue fluffly socks. I threw the suit and shoes in the corner of my room and lifted my onzie hood and went into the kitchen and opened the fridge to get the sandwich out and took it out, closing the fridge door afterwards and went to my room and got my laptop open to watch Netflix while earing my sandwich, to forget about what happened...

-
-
-

The next day, I decided not to go into work and stay at home in my burrito blanket. Luckily Sapnap came home looking happy as ever and he explained that him and Karl got to gether which I was extremely happy about, heck I was proud. The author will probably do a POV chapter on them one day.
But anyways, it was currently 11:02 am and I was laying on my bed, watching tiktock. I've put all of my messages and social medias on mute so I wouldn't get any notifications, especially not from Dream or my work freinds. Suddenly, I get an email from someone. Ofcourse I forgot to mute the emails. Although I never got emails to my personal account. Confused, I went onto my email to see who emailed me...
-

To George Not-Found
From Philza
Subject: ----

We need to talk George. Come to my office tomorrow at 1pm sharp. Thanks.

-
"Well... shit" was all I could say.