• 192 •

Cecil sat up in shock, Xue withdrawing back to avoid getting hit. 

“Hana, this is--” 

“Cecil!” Hana cried out in relief, throwing her arms out as she lunged forward. 

The raven-haired woman widened her eyes in shock. 

To her surprise, Hana did not care that she caught the two of them in a compromising position. In fact, Hana shoved Xue aside mercilessly and embraced Cecil. 

“Umph!”

Xue himself was surprised as well. He pushed himself up from the ground, speechless at Hana’s hidden strength.  

Cecil was completely engulfed in her friend’s arms. She peeked her head out, the moonlight showing the tears that rolled down Hana’s cheeks. 

The red-haired beauty sniffled noisily. 

Cecil was flustered, patting Hana on her back. “Hana, it’s okay, it’s okay.” 

“It’s not okay!” Hana burst out. “You woke up! You finally woke up!” 

Cecil laughed helplessly. “You must have been so worried, I apologise.” 

“No, don’t say sorry, you dummy!” Hana sobbed, almost choking on her tears. “You du-dummy! Big dummy! Al-all that matters is--you woke up and--you are okay!” 

“Yeah, I’m okay now,” Cecil hugged her back, withdrawing back and wiping her tears. “So there’s no need to cry anymore, okay?” 

Hana nodded vehemently, wiping the rest of tears away with her sleeve. Cecil stroked her head, smiling softly as she comforted Hana. 

Xue watched this scene, a fond look on his face as he smiled. 

“Oh!” Hana gasped, shooting her head up. 

“...?” 

Cecil tilted her head. 

“Xue was going to kiss you!” Hana exclaimed, peeking her head out at Xue. “I’m sorry!” 

Cecil was flabbergasted. 

Xue shrugged his shoulders at Hana, his expression soft. 

“You two can continue, and I--” Hana continued speaking, her tone nonchalant as she started to wiggle her way out of the blanket and futon. “I will let you two be alone now!” 

Hana stood up, her steps light as she headed to the sliding doors. She slid them open, the moonlight streaming in. 

Cecil was blushing all the way up to her ears now. 

Hana beamed, waving at Cecil and Xue as she exited the room. She was still teary, sniffling and she hastily wiped away a stray tear.

Seeing this sight, despite her embarrassment, Cecil still found herself smiling. 

Hana closed the sliding doors. 

“Cecil Lan.” 

She felt warm arms enveloping behind her, his low voice was gentle. 

“Mhmm?”

Xue buried his head into her shoulder, inhaling deeply. 

Her scent of flowers and herbs always comforted him. 

“I’m so glad you are back.” 

“Yeah, me too,” Cecil smiled at his words, placing her hands on his arms that were wrapped around her waist. “Once again, I’m sorry for causing so much trouble and worry.”