• 226 •

Xue and K'xug sped to their destination, following the sources of light magic and dark magic conflicting each other. The closer they went, the more suffocating it was.

Moreover, there were traces of mortals joining the fray.

It seemed to be a battle between the three different races.

"...you feel that too, don't you?"

K'xug nodded, still carrying Xue along with him as he flew. The stark contrast between his wings was more apparent under the sunlight.

Ahead of them, there was a piece of land segregated from the whole area. The only way to get across to the land, besides flying, was to make one's way across the wooden bridge that was tightly secured from one end to the other. If one missed their footing, they would find themselves swept away by the rough waves of the sea below.

"Both of them are there as well." Xue narrowed his eyes.

There was no way the two of them wouldn't know the signature dark magic from the devil brothers. After all, they had more than a hundred years to become accustomed to their magic.

A hundred years of friendship.

...and yet, the same friendship broke apart in the worst way possible.

Xue and K'xug were relieved they would be the first to arrive.

After all, if it were Cecil and Hana, neither of them would stand a chance against the two brothers.

Xue summoned out his spear as it glowed in a blue-white hue.

"Why does this place look so familiar?" Xue muttered out.

"It's the Sacred Forest." K'xug replied.

"...so this was it," Xue blinked, raising his eyebrows at K'xug. "You've been here before?"

"Just once, for a brief moment," K'xug answered. "What I know about this place is not any more than you."

"Long ago, the demons found a way to evolve the beasts here to utilise dark magic, by experimenting countless times. They used the same beasts to aid them in the war against the angels, and the same method was used by the angels later." Xue recalled the information he read in the archives, which left him appalled. "One side is always saying how the other is more revolting than the other, and yet, both are equally disgusting in my eyes."

"The previous Supreme God put a stop to it, didn't they?" K'xug stated.

Xue nodded, letting out a mocking scoff.

"It was already too late by then, the damage was irreversible. The heavenly beasts and demonic beasts we see, they are the products of those horrid experiments."

Hence, it was no surprise the people of the Sen continent held them with such contempt.

K'xug couldn't agree any less.

Whether it was angels or demons, neither of them was superior to the other.

Just then, it occurred to K'xug.

The current predicament of Hana.

Albeit, the moment wasn't right, he still had to warn Xue.

"..."

"Xue."

"...?"

"Have you ever heard of the Soul-binding Medicine?"

"Yeah, I have. I came across such a subject while I was in the archives, and to put a stop to this, the demon lord at that time, decimated the entire demon tribe behind the creation of such a treatment."