• 236 •

Author's Note: Forgot to update again. I hope you'll enjoy the chapter, thank you for always reading c:

---

Linqin rode on her treasured mount, her eyes fixated ahead on the tribal village. She saw smoke rising high up into the sky, cursing to herself.

This entire situation was a mess now.

There was only one plan she had in her mind today.

It was to guide around the honoured guests, who were also friends of Haru, Yun, Kiyae and Ryo. The young lord of the Tul continent and his aides. Moreover, the identity and status of the guests were further affirmed by Lord Kiba himself.

Linqin was expecting a simple, light-hearted day.

Yet...

What was this situation?!

The moment they landed here, a mysterious figure appeared beside them and they turned out to be a red-eyed demon. One of their fated enemies!

All of them ran.

Linqin and her tribe members tried to catch them, just as her brother had commanded.

After that, there was a problem within their group. Linqin knew she wasn't a good person like Cecil and Hana, but she wasn't heartless.

They needed a healer.

Every tribe has one.

Since they decided to give up escaping and seek aid from a healer, Linqin didn't apprehend them like criminals.

She had to admit, Xue still scared her. She didn't even know what she saw in him in the past, eager to travel back in time and give her old self a good beating.

Hence, she went back to her tribe to report everything to her brother. Halfway into the discussion, an informant ran into the meeting room and informed them of the news from their scout.

It was one good news.

Just that one good news, and the rest of it was bad news.

The Sacred Forest was safe now, the angels and demons had disappeared from the area. It was as if both sides decided to retreat all at once.

However, not too long later, the scout observing the Qaelai tribe noticed something amiss.

The Qaelai tribe has its own set of rules like other tribes.

Everything they did was to preserve and share intelligence.

That was when the scout saw one of its leaders acting furtively. There was an artefact within the Qaelai tribe that they safeguarded. A long time ago, the three tribes came to an agreement to allow such an to be safeguarded in the hands of their most intelligent people.

A horn.

It was an object used to communicate, or even control, the animals from the Sacred Forest.

He saw the leader going into the storage area and the leader never left. The scout decided to investigate on his own, and that's when he saw it.

Something bursting out from one of the tents, a white-winged person.

Their other fated enemy.

The scout rushed into the storage area where only leaders of the tribe were allowed entry.

The horn was missing!

...and that wasn't just the end.

"A white-winged angel was disguised as one of the leaders of the Qaelai Tribe. They have stolen the horn and are under attack by the white-winged angels."