• 239 •

A woman dressed in a servant's clothing was pouring something onto the pond located inside a luxurious house that was designed like a traditional Japanese house. A medium-sized shadowy figure swam hastily across the pond, surfacing without a loud splash.

The female servant let out a startled scream, almost falling onto the ground.

The creature resembled a beaver, its nose twitching.

The female servant let out a relieved sigh. "You scared me, Maru. What is it that you require?"

"Kweh. Kweh kweh."

"What?"

"He is probably talking about the whistle."

The female servant received another scare, her hand on her chest as she glanced back.

It was Ryo. He was standing beside the female servant, giving the beaver a wave.

"Kweh kweh!"

The beaver nodded its head.

"Whistle...whistle?"

"Yeah! That same whistle!"

The female servant gasped in horror. "...the lords...Lord Kiba! Lord Haru!"

She scurried off and Ryo folded his arms across his chest, grinning to himself as he looked up at the sky.

"New friends to fight, haha! I can't wait!" Ryo laughed to himself, his silver eyes glinting eagerly as his earrings swished to his movements. "I wonder how those four are doing..."

***

Xue's eyebrows were furrowed deeply, his eyes completely closed. A few seconds passed before he opened his eyes, and he was greeted by a familiar sight.

The marketplace of the heavenly realm.

"...?"

It was bustling, people coming and going. At first, he thought he was somehow brought back into the heavenly realm.

Which was impossible.

...then he realised something wasn't right.

In the marketplace, angels and demons were walking side by side. Moreover, there were children of mixed breed walking beside their parents, laughing happily.

This wasn't the heavenly realm he knew.

It wasn't this...joyful or vibrant.

"Excuse me, out of the way! Pardon me!"

An angel flapped out his wings, flying through the crowd. Everyone avoided him, and despite the urgent situation he was in, there was a beatific smile on his face.

Xue noticed the angel was coming his way and he didn't have time to avoid him, he shielded his face with his arms. To his surprise, the angel just passed right through him and knocked into a person passing right through Xue as well.

"Ouch! Hey, watch where you are going!"

"Sorry, sorry! You see, I'm on my way back to see my firstborn child!"

A few people congratulated him, both demons and angels. He received their congratulations with a sheepish grin, leaving the area in a hurry.

Xue could only stare in amazement, looking at his surroundings with wide eyes. He proceeded to glance down at himself, lifting his transparent arms in the air. The sunlight completely pierced his transparent body.