• 211 •

Ephert walked the ebony-haired man, they had left the town behind and the path which was originally made of cobblestone, was now covered in gravel. It was a man-made gravel path, leading far ahead. The two men walked under the afternoon sun, their steps muffled against the gravel path. Whereas, within the trees and hidden in the shadows, there were people guarding these two men, following them behind closely.

Ephert glanced over to the ebony-haired man, his expression inscrutable. He knew that this man was no ordinary person, ever since they started to cooperate with one another for their own goals. Thus, having this extraordinary being accompany him, Ephert knew there was a lot to be suspicious of.

"Raz, you are still going to insist that it is merely just interest?" Ephert questioned, his effeminate face scrunching up in annoyance.

"I do not wish to assume the worst." The genteel ebony-haired man responded.

Ephert sighed in resignation. "I guess, that means I will have to stay close to you."

Because whatever is ahead is making you assume the worst.

He narrowed his eyes forward, knowing that this path led straight to the open cavern, where his ultimate goal was located. Ephert was close to accomplishing his goals now, he didn't come this far to see it topple.

He couldn't threaten Raz to speak, since he could retaliate back mercilessly in a heartbeat.

"They could be rebelling," he comforted himself. "Seeing as the number of beatings I have given them for their useless reports."

Raz glanced over to Ephert, his genteel facade crumbling slightly and showing the disdain he held for Ephert.

At that moment, Raz detected something that made his face grow pale. He stretched his hand out, preventing Ephert from taking a step further.

"Wait."

This familiar presence.

Raz widened his eyes, slowly turning his head back.

"What is it, Raz?"

"Just wait."

There was someone strolling languidly towards them, and Raz couldn't quite make out his appearance since he was partially blind. If Raz wasn't able to utilise light magic, he would probably be completely blind. However, he didn't need to see the stranger's appearance, his familiar aura was something Raz will never forget in his entire lifetime.

The stranger was replaced by a tall ash blonde-haired man, his handsome features were impeccable, as if they were carved meticulously.

His posture was brimming with confidence, and he wore a toothy grin on his face. At his side, he was accompanied by his trusty spear that was forged by the renowned blacksmith within the heavenly and demon realms.

Donning his white robe lined with a hint of red, he extended a helping hand to the injured Raz on the ground.

The man shone so brightly, even in his memory.

Raz accepted his helping hand, and his low, silvery voice that commanded attention entered Raz's ears.

"It hurts, doesn't it?"

"...yes."

"I'm sure the other side isn't hurting any less either."

"Yes, Supreme God."

"Raz, at least in a time like this, don't call me that."

Raz smiled, lowering his head.