• 200 •

Author's Note: Happy 200! You wouldn't believe me but, I still can't imagine I wrote 200 chapters for a story so far. How did I even get this far, how do people not get bored of reading this mediocre story? I ask myself that everyday xD.

I'll be doing a double update to celebrate this small achievement!

"Wait, K'xug, no!"

"Rugi is still in there!"

"Xue as well!"

K'xug was trying to push everyone out of the room and get them to safety, after which, he would put up a barrier of his own.

A dark magic explosion by forcefully using one's life force.

It was something only demons did.

It was a weapon used in the war, ever since a long time ago.

That was how they were known to be fiercely loyal to their lords.

K'xug had seen firsthand, along with Xue, how fatal the explosion could be. Now, the demon was planning to use it in the moral realm.

The damage would be worse.

The door was still open from earlier, and K'xug utilised his strength to push them out of the door. Nevertheless, Haru, Kiyae, Ryo and Yun all struggled against the door, pushing back against K'xug.

"Look, K'xug, I don't know what's going on but...!" Haru barked out. "We aren't leaving them behind!"

Ryo and Kiyae nodded along.

Yun nodded as well. "The captain is right."

K'xug hesitated.

At that moment, the four of them pushed back and made K'xug stumble back. They were back inside the room, all of them staring at K'xug, their expression resolute.

Meanwhile, the entire time, Hana was the only one who did not resist against K'xug. Somehow, a part of her knew how dangerous the situation would become. It was as if she had come across something like that before.

K'xug sighed, spinning around.

Fine.

Suit yourselves.

I'll just do what I have to do.

His wings sprouted out, one part white and the other part black, causing all of them to stumble back in shock.

Just then, a thin, translucent layer of light magic encircled around them like a barrier.

K'xug observed the barrier, frowning in disapproval.

It's such a measly barrier.

Since I am not a pure demon or angel.

I am simply just...

K'xug closed his eyes, irked.

At that moment, a soft and warm hand touched his arm, as if encouraging him.

He opened his different-coloured eyes and looked up.

"K'xug," Hana called out, smiling softly. "Let me help."

Hana stretched her hand out and a wave of light magic burst out from her body. The barrier was gradually being imbued with light magic and thickening.

The other four watched on in awe, stepping back further.

Meanwhile, K'xug widened his eyes in shock. He gave Hana a questioning look, and she smiled wider.