• 276 •

Their discussion to stop the Creator did not progress as far as all of them would like, nevertheless, there was a plan. After becoming mentally exhausted, the three decided to split ways but not before the Oracle stopped them.

"What is it?" Tano questioned.

"I want to do a simple trial," the Oracle said with a hint of a smile, her blindfold was back on her face. "Put the memories you wish into this mirror."

"My memories?" Tano muttered in confusion before grinning mischievously. "Why not put my entire lifetime of memories in there?"

"Of course, you can do that too."

"It's capable of that?!" Tano was flabbergasted, looking at Sevont. "How did you manage to create such an unbelievable artefact?"

"Because..." Sevont frowned, his arms across his chest. "I can."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...yeah, alright, here you go. My memories."

Tano placed his palm on the mirror and a ball of light flitted past the mirror. A few seconds later, the Oracle instructed Tano to remove his hand.

"That's it?"

"Yes."

"I don't feel anything different."

"You are merely sharing your memories," the Oracle stated. "You aren't supposed to feel any different."

"Tch, then it's not fair if I'm the only one doing it," Tano turned towards Xue and Sevont. "The two of you do it as well~!"

Surprisingly, Xue was eager to share his memories, looking at the Oracle in excitement. "May I?"

The Oracle nodded.

Xue stepped forward and repeated the steps that Tano did.

Sevont did the same without any other word.

The entire time, Xue noticed the Oracle brimming with happiness as they shared their memories into the mirror.

I'm glad.

This must be what she wanted to do after taking the mirror.

All of them shared a few parting words before separating, heading back to their rooms to rest.

***

Xue accompanied the Oracle back to her room, serving his duty as a personal bodyguard. The two of them walked side by side in the walkways of the Heavenly Palace. The sky which was a myriad of colours, along with their bright surroundings, bathed them in a warm glow.

It wasn't only because he was her personal bodyguard, but he wanted to remain by her side a little longer. Just a while ago, his unrequited love was revealed to be mutual, and hence, he couldn't bear to leave her side.

Even so, Xue did not fully trust the Oracle's feelings. He couldn't believe in her feelings, and somewhere within his heart, he believed that he was taking advantage of her.

Xue closed his eyes, letting out a sigh.

This isn't the time to think about my feelings.

Our impending doom is drawing near and–