• 240 •

Author's Note: Song above has its pitch adjusted to prevent copyright strike. Namie Amuro's voice is nothing like that. She never ceases to amaze me with her opening songs for One Piece <3. 

---

Raz and K'xug ended up at the border between the heavenly and demon realm after four days. Traversing through the forbidden desert without alerting anyone was an arduous journey. Moreover, the two of them had to scour through the area to ensure Hana wasn't imprisoned within the place.

After all, the two of them had no idea where she was.

It was fortunate that the sense of time here was completely different in the mortal realm, since it was always fluctuating due to the pure elemental energy that swirled in these two realms.

"...!"

K'xug grasped Raz by the collar of his shirt. Stunned, Raz turned to look at K'xug who released him a second after.

"Wh-what?"

K'xug nudged his head forward. "Up ahead, patrols."

There were two demons patrolling the area, brandishing their weapons. Their black bony-shaped wings fluttered slightly with every few steps they took, their red demonic eyes flashing with malice.

"...!"

Raz immediately stepped back just as K'xug used a concealing spell. Somehow, the concealing spell could only be utilized properly by cross-breeds, which ironically suited K'xug extremely well. It was the only spell that could be used by them, despite the demons and angels deeming such a spell useless.

It was also this same spell that allowed the espionage missions that K'xug went on to be unhindered.

The border was connected to other places in the two realms, such as the heavenly forest where the mutated species of animals from the mortal realm resided.

"...?"

K'xug turned his head, looking at the tall trees that made up a portion of the heavenly forest.

"What's wrong?" Raz whispered.

"Movement."

All of a sudden, a loud roar resounded throughout the heavenly forest.

The patrols steeled themselves, directing their malicious gaze to the forest. Within the trees, a young male angel burst out, hugging something to his bosom.

Behind him, an animal resembling a cockatrice was charging straight for him.

The young male angel, who seemed to be ten years old in the mortal realm, glanced around in panic. His brown eyes landed on the two demons, and despair flooded his expression before he recovered.

"...he-help me! Please!"

The two demons scoffed at the young male angel, heading the other direction.

"..."

The young male angel continued running, and he held a look of determination in his eyes. He began to run towards the two demons with the cockatrice hissing in anger behind him.

"Please, just help me! I need to bring this back for my sick mother!"

"He's bringing it to us!"

"Crazy bastard!"

"Kill him and give back whatever pissed that thing off!

Raz narrowed his eyes.

It was just a child risking his life to save his mother.