• 235 •

Xue stood up, finishing dressing Cecil's wound long ago. He stared at K'xug on the ground and fortunately, the man opened his eyes almost immediately. He pushed himself up, gritting his jaw as blood dribbled out his mouth, glaring at Veau and Zeau.

"You weird devil, you tricked me--again!"

"You were the reckless fool trying to save them, even if they were of no concern to you," Veau shrugged. "To think you were called a crazy dog in the past. What a letdown, K'xug."

"They aren't angels or demons! They have no involvement in this war of ours!"

"If the three tribes didn't think of colluding with the angels, we would have left them be."

"Not all of them are guilty of it," Cecil spoke up this time, frowning. "How could all of them be involved in it?"

Linqin and her brother, the Chieftain of the tribe, Linwei, did not seem that cooperative when it involved either side. Hence, Cecil knew not all of them were on the same page.

"If there is something I've learnt after living so long," Veau narrowed his eyes, looking at Cecil. "If you want to destroy something, destroy everything related to it."

Cecil felt a chill run down her spine.

Xue shielded Cecil, glaring right back at Veau. He glanced over to K'xug who had already rushed over to Hana's side, clutching at his abdomen that was bathed in blood.

He knew that Veau and Zeau must have played some nasty trick to hurt K'xug this badly. After all, K'xug was by no means weak. Even against Veau and Zeau, he wouldn't allow himself to be hurt like that, especially when Hana was still not entirely safe.

Zeau took a step forward to Hana, and all of them reacted instantly.

Cecil threw her dagger.

K'xug withdrew his sword, aiming it at Zeau's throat.

The water and fire elements lining Xue's spear transformed into light magic, aiming towards Zeau's direction.

Zeau smiled genially.

"It shouldn't be Zeau you are concerned about." Veau said, back to his indolent self.

"Hana Katae." Zeau called out to her name.

The red-haired woman opened her eyes slowly, her irises still completely dark. She reached her hand out, pressing it against the light barrier. It shattered into pieces and Hana slowly stood up from the bed.

K'xug watched with bated breath, his eyes wide in disbelief.

Zeau extended his hand out towards her.

"No, Hana." Cecil whispered out, shaking her head.

"Hana, snap out of it!" Xue exclaimed.

"It's futile," Veau explained, a lazy smile on his face. "From the moment she reclaimed her memories, she was already gone."

Hana remained still before she began to walk towards Zeau.

"Ha-Hana..." K'xug reached out his hand, wincing at the sharp pain on his abdomen. "Hana! Wait!"

Hana stopped, turning back and looking at her friends.

They were staring at her with a pleading look on their faces, and all of them wanted nothing more than for her to come back.

"Come back, Hana! I'm...I'm still here!"

"You can't go!"

"Hana, don't leave us!"