• 270 •

Author's Note: Merry Christmas! Hope you enjoy the mass update!

Xue followed the Oracle's trail via the clearing and stumbled upon the hidden village. He widened his eyes in surprise, there was no record of this village existing at all in the archives. It seemed that this village had been here for a hundred years or so, since the buildings made out of stone and wood still appeared new, and the architecture was simple unlike the heavenly and demon realm which was resplendent.

"Your existence...needs to be erased."

"On whose orders?!"

"The one who oversees this world and many others, the Creator."

The next moment, Xue noticed the Oracle raising her hand at the villagers who were huddled together. The ball of energy she conjured on her hand made Xue react quickly, his black wings expanding out.

It definitely wasn't to help them.

In addition to that, it was a power that Xue had never seen before. Neither light or dark magic, it is something else entirely.

"Oracle!" Xue stood in her way, his arms stretched out as he blocked those unidentified villagers from view.

"Even if they do not have an identity, why are you going as far as to kill them?"

"They are anomalies that the Creator spoke of," she explained in a composed manner, her face void of any emotion. "Anomalies should be erased from the world to maintain an equal balance. WIthout a proper balance, the world will fall apart."

"Just because they are unidentified, it doesn't mean they are anomalies in the world! In fact, you killing them might disrupt the balance of the world!" Xue reasoned.

She paused, the spell in her hand faltering.

"As an existence of this world, if what you speak of is the truth, I will stop," she stated, looking at Xue. "However, I need a command from someone approved by the Creator."

"You can stop it now, Oracle."

Xue relaxed his stiff body, glancing up. Tano and Sevont were flying down, their actions graceful and they landed beside Xue.

"Well said, Xue." Sevont smiled in approval. "You saved the lives of these people."

"I'm glad I made it here on time." Xue sighed in relief.

"I warned you, didn't I?" Tano grinned. "I'm great and smart."

"..." Sevont sighed and shook his head at his friend. He approached the villagers, providing them words of comfort. "You are safe now, there is no need to be afraid. First off, let's start off with the introductions of..."

The Oracle withdrew the energy building up in her palms, standing in place and she bowed towards Tano. "Supreme God, upon your command, I will cease my actions."

"..." Xue was speechless.

He never expected the Oracle to be someone like that. It really seemed as if she did not have a mind of her own, and she was simply a doll to adhere to the commands of others.

He felt somewhat...sad.

"Do you still view them as anomalies?" Tano asked.

"Yes."

"What will make you identify them as a species?"

"A term. Names," the Oracle stated, blinking once. "According to the archives stored within the three realms, there is no record of such anomalies in existence."

"Just like that?" Tano smirked, his arms across his chest. "Isn't it simple? I'll just have to give them a name!"

"What?" Xue blinked rapidly. "That can't possibly..."