• 256 •

The battle has completely halted.

The angels and demons observed quietly at the white-winged figure standing atop of the barrier. Despite the constant low growls and struggles from the guardian beast within the barrier, the figure remained unfazed. His ash blonde hair fluttered to the wind, his grey eyes fixated upon the crowd full of determination.

His spear with a glowing blue hue was an iconic weapon that none of them would forget.

"So make your choice," Xue raised his voice, narrowing his eyes at all of them. "Willingly retreat, or fight me to your death."

"..."

"..."

"..."

Meanwhile, the same scene was witnessed by Haru, Kiyae, Ryo and Yun.

"Isn't he just..." Haru said, trailing off.

"What?" Kiyae raised an eyebrow.

"Isn't he just showing off?" Haru grinned, folding his arms across his chest.

"..." Yun closed his eyes, not knowing what he expected the lord that he followed to say.

"He became stronger!" Ryo burst out, his eyes glinting. "I can feel it!"

"The two of you," Kiyae sighed out, shaking her head. "Why am I surrounded by idiots?"

Yun looked at Kiyae, seemingly offended.

"Well, of course," Kiyae smiled, flicking his ponytail. "Our Yun Yun is no idiot at all."

On the other hand, Linqin and Linwei saw Xue in a different light now.

"Wh...wha..." Linqin gasped out in shock, her eyes wide. "He was one of those white-winged people?!"

"Didn't you attend the academy with him?" Linwei asked.

"I did, but..." Linqin answered, looking at her brother in panic. "He showed no signs of being one! The pendant our parents gave me showed no signs either!"

Linwei held his chin with his hand, appearing contemplative. His charming and amiable face became solemn, his eyebrows furrowed as he stared at Xue.

"It just meant that he didn't have these powers back then, but something's strange."

"What do you mean?"

"I was wearing the same pendant when meeting them, and it didn't have any reaction either," Linwei explained. "There can only be three reasons behind it."

"He wasn't one of them at that time," Linqin responded. "Or even if he was, he was something different entirely."

"...or his powers are overwhelming enough for the pendant to not detect anything." Linwei finished her sentence, shaking his head. "No matter, it's in the past."

"Brother?"

"Linqin, we should be glad we aren't his enemies," Linwei smiled, patting her sister on the shoulder. "Right now, he is on our side."

Linqin frowned but nodded in acquiescence.

***

Cecil composed herself, resisting the overwhelming emotions that made her teary-eyed. She had no idea why she felt this way, and she knew it would only be revealed if she were to recover her powers and the memories she had as the Oracle.