• 277 •

Author's Note: 4k words! It's a long and heavy chapter, so be prepared to set some time aside to digest it!

---

The memories of her time as the Oracle came to an end.

Back to her original body as Cecil Lan, she could only watch as Sevont hobbled his way towards the heavenly realm. The bright and vibrant environment of the heavenly realm was a contrast to the grave situation.

Sevont informed Tano and Xue about the shocking news.

With his dying breath, he left behind his hopes to his dearest friends.

"This is as far as I can go, Tano, Xue."

"Wait–

"Protect this world for me. For us."

Sevont gave Tano the mirror the Oracle had left in his hands. His body dissipated and the mirror in Tano's hands glowed slightly.

The scene changed, and she watched the Oracle speaking to the Creator.

"Have you changed your mind? Will you regret your decision?"

"Never."

Just like that, she was sent to face her punishment and she accepted it willingly. It was inevitable, she knew that she had to face it. There was no outrunning the Creator.

A lifetime of being reborn, going through torment and misery. It was only until she admitted her mistakes and never went against the Creator, that would be the answer to breaking this endless cycle.

The Oracle refused. That wasn't the answer.

She knew she would never change her mind.

"The children of this world will fight back against you, Creator."

"They will not."

"Hm."

The Oracle gave the Creator a cold smile.

She jumped into the void.

...and she watched as Xue clawed his way towards her, jumping into the void without any hesitation.

The ring that she gave Xue, it was a piece of heart. A piece of her that allowed Xue to follow her across time.

Knowing this, the Creator did not stop the hopeless love-struck demon. They knew their plans would come to fruition no matter the interference.

Meanwhile, the Creator realised another presence had slipped in. It was Tano.

"Do you wish to fight against your fate, child?"

Tano clenched his teeth, his voice hoarse as he glared at the enigmatic figure hidden in the thick clouds.

"We decide our own fates, old geezer. You have no right."

"How ignorant."

The Creator sent the same beam of light down on Tano, just like he did with Sevont. Angry tears slid down his face as he conjured his own barrier, despite knowing it was useless against the might of the Creator.

However, even so, Tano wanted to fight back.

Even just a little.

At that moment, two figures appeared by his side and shielded him with a barrier of their own. It was Sevont and the Oracle.