• 208 •

Author's Note: Double update, since I missed an update on Monday because of my forgetful mind c:

The magnificent sight of the floating "utopia" wasn't enough to overrule the sight of the people working around it. It was something that left one aghast.

Cecil and Hana resisted the urge to cover their mouths in horror.

The people working on the ship were in terrible condition. Their sunken faces, emaciated bodies and lifeless eyes. Yun and Kiyae grabbed onto Haru and Ryo, trying to compose them. Meanwhile, even the indifferent Xue couldn't help but frown at such a horrifying scene.

The people who were freed previously and kept on with their disguise as a "slave", began to tremble in fear. If it weren't for the reassurance and promise that Haru made to them, they would be collapsing onto the ground from utter defeat.

"Now, get to work. All of you."

They were all shoved aside and forced into their own duties.

"Don't worry, we'll all come to bring you back," Haru reassured the people disguised along with them. "Just trust me."

Thus, without any protest, they were all guided away from the group. Meanwhile, the group stayed together in this area, and to their surprise, the ones that guided them were the slaves instead. The mercenaries were standing languidly at the side, chatting boisterously with their comrades.

"Disgusting." Kiyae clicked her tongue.

Yun suspected the mercenaries assigned to this area were the callous ones, while those who were more morally-inclined were assigned to other locations.

"I swear, even if it's the last thing I'll do," Haru hissed out, the fury evident in his orange-blonde eyes. "I'll tear this place down completely into shreds, and wipe it from existence."

This place was hidden from the public eyes, due to the large cliff towering it and it was only through the many sacrifices of Haru's people that they managed to figure out Ephert's goals. As well as the location of such a concealed area of the island.

"Ah!"

A female slave collapsed to the ground in utter exhaustion, earning the sympathetic and frightened looks from all around. She coughed violently, her petite body shivering.

"Oi!"

One of the mercenaries barked out, walking towards the slave on the ground and lifting his leg up.

"Get to work, you useless thing!"

All of a sudden, a raven-haired woman sheltered the slave with her body, glaring at the mercenary.

The mercenary paused in his movements.

"Have you lost all sense of morality working under Ephert?" Cecil said coldly to the mercenary. "It wouldn't hurt to let those exhausted to rest for a moment, would it?"

"What do you know? You talkative woman!" The mercenary yelled out, aiming his kick for Cecil instead.

Cecil welcomed the kick, since she was confident she would be able to dodge it and protect the exhausted person below her.

"Ah, Cecil! Jeez, that reckless woman again! Hey, Xue, your lover is--" Haru sighed out, glancing around before blinking in shock. "He isn't here anymore."

Just before the kick landed on Cecil, Xue blocked the mercenary's leg with one hand. Hana was watching the scene with a proud smile, nodding in acknowledgment.

"Piss off, you busybody--"

The mercenary barked out, halting when he noticed the murderous look on Xue's face. He immediately shut his mouth, losing all will to fight back. Somehow, his instincts within him were screaming at him not to fight against this handsome ash blonde-haired man.