• 273 •

Author's Note: End of mass update! Sorry, I have been busy with work and I'll be travelling overseas! Hence, see all of you next year c: 

Thank you for always reading and for the constant support! 

The Oracle watched as Tano tripped over the broken branches and Xue tripped over him, causing Tano to be crushed under Xue's weight. Everything happened so quickly, the Oracle found herself blinking rapidly to comprehend the comical scene, her eyes wide in surprise.

"...urgh, Xue."

"Ye-yeah?"

"Will you get off me already?"

The cherry blossoms landed on top of Xue's nose, tickling him. "Ah, right–achoo!"

Tano groaned in return, feeling the impact from Xue's sneezing.

"Why...why are the flowers so potent?!"

"It's made by Sevont, and a prototype, what do you expect?"

"A-achoo!"

"This is why I stay away from anything that he creates."

"Achoo!"

"Stop sneezing on top of me!"

"I'm trying to–achoow!"

The two struggled back and forth, finally getting up after a while. Xue rubbed at his reddened nose, sniffling as a tear escaped his eye.

"Damnit, Oracle," Tano groaned, massaging at his back as he narrowed his eyes. "Couldn't you have helped us–"

"Pfft!"

"Stop laughing–wait," Tano widened his eyes. "You are laughing?"

"Hahaha!"

Even Xue stopped rubbing at his nose, staring at the Oracle in amazement.

She was standing right before them, clutching her stomach and letting out the most joyful laughter. Her entire body shook with mirth and her cheeks tinged red due to the laughter, wearing the biggest grin on her face.

Xue could feel his nose still itching, but his mind was focused on something else entirely.

Her smile.

I...I finally get to see it.

Xue was infatuated at that sight.

He never saw a smile so charming on someone.

"I–I can't–" the Oracle tried to speak in between her laughter, inhaling deeply to stop her laughter. "Hahah!"

She couldn't explain this feeling properly into words.

It was as if something was bubbling within her chest, tickling at her throat and pushing out. Her body felt lighter and her mind was no longer bogged down by those intrusive thoughts. The only thing that occupied her mind was the scene from earlier, replaying over and over.

"Fine, just for this occasion," Tano sighed helplessly, sweeping the cherry blossoms off his robes and hair. "Laugh all you want, Oracle."

"I'm–I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it," Tano glanced over to the stunned Xue, patting him on the shoulder. "Looks like you did it."

"..."

The Oracle approached them slowly, her laughter dying down but the beautiful smile was still adorning her face. She stood face to face with Xue, his eyes never once straying from her as she reached up to his head.

"I know now, this is what it is like."

She plucked the petals off his head, letting them be carried away by the wind as she remained smiling. It was apparent that she was full of joy.