• 198 •

Cecil fought her way through the guards.

Now that she had fully thrown herself into the fray, Cecil could confirm some of her doubts. Just like AI500 had stated, her body had grown stronger after K'xug cured her from dark magic. She had no idea what happened to her body during the time it was unconscious, but her physique had improved immensely.

She was faster and lighter.

Her reaction speed, her agility and her reflexes.

Even her stamina had improved.

Once she was in a fight, everything seemed to move slower.

Her mind was processing everything faster now.

Though, her strength was still no different from that of a mortal.

Nevertheless, she managed to take down the guards swiftly without as much as a scratch on her. They were clearly not elemental users.

Strange.

If this place is under Ephert's control...

Shouldn't the guards here be of a better calibre?

Cecil furrowed her eyebrows.

No, maybe it's not that, but someone in here is more than capable enough to put Ephert at ease.

"Agh!"

"Ge-get her! There are so many of us, why are we struggling against a single woman--kkgh!"

Cecil surged forward, kicking the guard right in the face. He collapsed onto the ground, completely knocked out.

She was thankful that her outfit to disguise as a slave was loose enough, allowing her to fight more freely.

"...?"

Cecil's vision started to change. All of a sudden, she could see them all once again.

The trail of dark magic.

The masks of the guards had an eerie, dark aura surrounding it.

Cecil lit up in anticipation.

It's back.

Now, maybe I can find where the owner of the auction house is with this.

She could see a line of dark magic disappearing down the corridor, and she tilted her head.

That way.

One of the guards charged at her cautiously, and Cecil moved aside swiftly. She leaped into the air, kicking him into the ground by stepping on his head. She made her way past the guards just like that, though, there weren't many remaining.

Halfway through the fight, some of them had rushed off somewhere.

She could hear a distant uproar and she knew that her comrades had started to move as well. It was a good opportunity for her to chase after the owner of the auction house.

There was no way she was allowing him to slip away, after what he had done.

She followed the trail diligently, keeping her eyes on them as she fought off the guards. There was one remaining guard and upon seeing Cecil's capabilities for himself, he dropped his weapon and surrendered.

"I am only here because they threatened me with my family," he removed his mask and raised his arms in the air. "If you are here to stop them, please go ahead."

Cecil eyed him with a haughty look.

"I'll do just that," she managed a small smile at him. "Such a horrid place like this will exist no more, after today."