• 212 •

"Reduced to such a despicable state?" Raz repeated Xue's words, his eyes opening and revealing his irises that were glazed over. "I wonder why too."

Raz smiled bitterly.

"Ah, now I remember why."

"Because you went blind that day?" Xue asked in a lukewarm manner.

"Did you really think it was only because I went blind?" Raz scoffed in disbelief, looking Xue in the eye. "Supreme God--right, you didn't like that title being called, Xue."

"What are you trying to say, Raz?"

"Did you know I used to revere you? Maybe even until now."

Xue furrowed his eyebrows. "You shouldn't look up to someone like me, find someone better."

K'xug kept his eyes on Jehan the entire time, and he overheard their conversation. He smiled at Xue's words, tempted to shake his head.

Even back then, he said these exact words to anyone that admitted their respect for him.

Raz began to tremble slightly, sighing heavily.

"Yes, this aspect of you--and many more, was what made me respect you deeply."

"My answer is still the same, look for someone better."

"And yet, your ignorance is what made me hate you."

K'xug paused, before nodding in agreement.

Xue was pretty ignorant in the past.

That part of him proved to be annoying in many situations.

Xue gave Raz a bitter expression. "I can agree with you on that, since that part of myself caused me so much misery."

"Misery?" Raz questioned.

He hesitated, finally giving Xue a good look with his limited vision. Now that he observed Xue closely, he realised that the man he recognised as the Supreme God was now no more. He no longer wore his trademark grin, and held himself in confidence.

His grey eyes lacked the usual benevolence within them, it was now replaced with a weary look with a hint of callousness.

Even his words or voice were no longer warm.

Raz paused.

Who is this man in front of me?

Was this the ignorant yet altruistic ruler I once knew?

Raz widened his eyes in realisation, taking a step forward.

"What happened to you--"

"Yes, yes, goddamnit," Jehan scratched his ears, flicking his wrists as he summoned back his claws. "Continue your touching reunion later."

Jehan rushed straight for Xue.

Hana tried to shoot her arrow, however, Jehan's speed proved too fast for her to track. She gasped, retracting her arrow since she was afraid of hitting anyone else.

"K'xug! You need to slow him down so I can shoot him properly!"

K'xug prepared to move until Xue stepped in, narrowing his eyes.

"I told you, it's my own problem to settle, the two of you stay out of it." Xue nudged his head to Raz staring at the two of them in bewilderment. "Just make sure Raz doesn't escape, I still have questions to ask him."

K'xug sighed, nodding.

Hana opened her mouth to protest, before deciding to pout in defeat.

Jehan was his soul fragment after all.